Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Windows 7 And Hp Jetdirect Printing

#1 User is offline   therrmann 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:17 AM

I have a home network consisting of 4 XP computers and a JetDirect 500X box with an HP LJ 6P attached, and all devices can print just fine. I'm trying to put a Windows 7 box on the network so it can print as well. All appears to be well -- no problems using the network, I can install the printer, put it on the correct JetDirect port, etc -- but when I go to print, nothing happens except for a "Printer Error" message. I've tried everything I know to get this to work or to find a solution, but I've had no luck. Any idea what's going on here?

I'm a pretty technical person (I'm a systems admin for a large school district) and know my way around computer very well, but this has stumped me. We're new to Win7, so is there something I'm missing here?

Any help would be appreciated...

#2 User is offline   ElfBane 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:50 AM

View Posttherrmann, on 04 April 2011 - 10:17 AM, said:

I have a home network consisting of 4 XP computers and a JetDirect 500X box with an HP LJ 6P attached, and all devices can print just fine. I'm trying to put a Windows 7 box on the network so it can print as well. All appears to be well -- no problems using the network, I can install the printer, put it on the correct JetDirect port, etc -- but when I go to print, nothing happens except for a "Printer Error" message. I've tried everything I know to get this to work or to find a solution, but I've had no luck. Any idea what's going on here?

I'm a pretty technical person (I'm a systems admin for a large school district) and know my way around computer very well, but this has stumped me. We're new to Win7, so is there something I'm missing here?

Any help would be appreciated...

Is your Win7 32 or 64 bit?

#3 User is offline   LincolnSpector 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:41 AM

Hi, therrmann, and welcome to the forum.

May I suggest a test?

First, uninstall the printer driver on the Win7 PC. Then remove the printer from the network (temporarily, of course). Reinstall the printer drivers and plug the printer directly into the new PC. See if it works that way.

That will at least tell you if it's a network problem or not.

Lincoln

#4 User is offline   therrmann 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

It's Win 7 32-bit professional. I'm extremely curious as to why that would matter -- in case you couldn't tell, this is my first Win 7 computer.

Thank you.

This post has been edited by coastie65: 01 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

#5 User is offline   coastie65 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:58 PM

View Posttherrmann, on 01 May 2011 - 04:40 PM, said:

It's Win 7 32-bit professional. I'm extremely curious as to why that would matter -- in case you couldn't tell, this is my first Win 7 computer.

Thank you.

Hi. There are likely two sets of Drivers, one for the 64 Bit OS and the other for 32 bit. You would need to be sure you installed the right drivers.
Coolermaster HAF 912 Case....ASUS Z87Pro MOBO.....Intel Core i7 4770k Haswell ( OC'd to 4.6 Ghz ) .... Gelid Tranquillo cooler.... Samsung 830 256 GB SSD.... Primary HDD- WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA III /6.0 .... SECONDARY HDD - WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA II / 3.0....16Gb GSkill Ripjaws Series X 2133 Mhz Memory....Corsair AX850w PSU....EVGA GTX 680 Super Clocked Signature 2 Gb GDDR5 Video Card....Samsung CD/DVD RW, DL, DVD-Ram, w/ Lightscribe Optical Drive....Samsung SyncMaster 2243BWX 22" Monitor..... Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit OS

Gateway FX6800-01e----Intel Core i7 960 ( 3.2 GHz)---- Seagate Barracuda 750 Gb SATA II / 3.0 Hdd---- 6 Gb Crucial 1066 Mhz memory, running in Tri Channel conf-----Corsair TX650w PSU----- EVGA Nvidia GTX 560Ti 1gb GDDR5 Vram ----DVD +/- RW / CD ,RAM/DL Optical drive w/ Label Flash-----Gateway TBGM-01 Motherboard.... Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS w/ SP2; Samsung Synch Master 2243BWX 22" Monitor.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users