Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are HP computers any good?

#1 User is offline   pastle 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:23 AM

Are the new duo core HP computers any good? Are they noisy? I have always had Dell but am trying to decide on my next computer.

#2 User is offline   pastle 

• Pip

Posted 10 March 2007 - 03:37 AM

I wouldn't be able to build one. I have had several Dells but am no longer happy with their service. I have been trying to decide between the Hp and an imac.

#3 User is offline   StormX2 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:17 AM

most of the companys are finei dont liek HP mother board layouts, id end up saying build your own computer, or build a dell

#4 User is offline   Cosmo 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 March 2007 - 07:57 AM

HP are decent computers, and are relatively quiet. If you have the expertise to build your own computer, then you probably should, you'd save some money and have some fun detailing everything. If you don't know how to build a computer from the case up, or don't have enough experience, then keep with the pre-built computers.

#5 User is offline   yeokm1 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2007 - 05:26 PM

[quote:eb7c902622]HP are decent computers, and are relatively quiet.[/quote:eb7c902622] I agree with Cosmo. I myself use a HP computer or rather, a Compaq one. My computer is really very quiet. Only if I try to stress the processor would the CPU fan will speed up increasing the noise level. But that level is still bearable.I would strongly suggest you build a computer if you can do it. Other than being able to customise your specs as mentioned by Cosmo, you would also be able to get the original program installation CDs. This factor is commonly overlooked. Most PC vendors including HP just provide a recovery partition with the feature to create a recovery disc. This leads you no choice but to use these methods to recover you computer from a crash. I hate sys recovery programs, they install many unnecessary apps hogging disk space.Another thing is the PSU. Many PC vendors just provide a PSU with wattage barely able to run the internal components. When you decide to upgrade your components in future, you may need to buy a new PSU. For eg, my computer is a Compaq Presario Sr1784cf. Its PSU is only 350W with. According to Antec power calculator http://www.extreme.o...m/powercalc.jsp . My PC needs 263 W of power. The buffer may seem big, but the buffer is too small to allow me upgrade my graphics card.

#6 User is offline   reggie64 

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 March 2007 - 05:49 PM

Well, the HP computers that I use run very quietly, and I had a dell that worked for quite a bit (some parts are still good, even after 6 years) I'd lean toward HP, but they do install alot of software that you don't need at all, so just delete them when you get XP up and running.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users