Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problems With Virgin Mobile Mifi

#1 User is offline   ZeldaTech73 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:21 PM

I have both the Virgin Mobile MiFi 2200 mobile hotspot device and the USB Broadband2Go Ovation MC760 device; the USB device works great, but the MiFi device won't stay connected and keeps disconnecting. Only one time did it ever connect to the internet (I couldn't connect to any websites) but the rest of the time, whenever it connected, it only connected locally. Are there some settings that I need to configure and also, can I use the same account for both the USB device and the MIfI device?

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:22 PM

View PostZeldaTech73, on 29 April 2011 - 10:21 PM, said:

I have both the Virgin Mobile MiFi 2200 mobile hotspot device and the USB Broadband2Go Ovation MC760 device; the USB device works great, but the MiFi device won't stay connected and keeps disconnecting. Only one time did it ever connect to the internet (I couldn't connect to any websites) but the rest of the time, whenever it connected, it only connected locally. Are there some settings that I need to configure and also, can I use the same account for both the USB device and the MIfI device?

Just to confirm, I am assuming by "local connection" that you mean the WiFi connection from the computer to the MiFi device. Thus, I am assuming that the WiFi connection works, but rather it is the connection from the MiFi device to the cell tower/network that is not working. Is this correct?

If so, then have you tried talking to Virgin Mobile support?

And what do you mean by "same account"? You should be able to have the two devices be on the same billing account, but each will likely have to have their own "line of service". In other words, you should be able to pay for both lines of service through the same account bill, but you should not be able to pay one line of service that will work with both devices. Wireless broadband devices generally need their own line of service...I am not aware of anyway to switch which device you use with one line of service.
Good riddance PCWorld.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users