Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Uninstalling "pc Tools" Registry Mechanic

#1 User is offline   jetmec46 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:49 PM

"PC Tools" Registry Mechanic, recently popped up on my desktop, and I can't figure out how to get rid of it!
I have tried drop-drag to the trash can, and other ways to delete it with out success.
Thanks...

#2 User is offline   Flashorn 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:09 PM

View Postjetmec46, on 06 June 2011 - 04:49 PM, said:

"PC Tools" Registry Mechanic, recently popped up on my desktop, and I can't figure out how to get rid of it!
I have tried drop-drag to the trash can, and other ways to delete it with out success.
Thanks...

PC Tools Registry Mechanic is a legitimate program from PC Tools : http://www.pctools.c...istry-mechanic/

Click on this link and see if this is the same program you are trying to uninstall. IF it is then, it wouldn't of just
Popped-Up on your PC screen. You would have to have clicked on a link or install it yourself.

On the other hand, it might have come with another program you recently installed as an Add-On program, which
I doubt, as you would have to pay for this program. There is a FREE SCAN but, this would only "analyze your PC
and "Fix" a FEW problems that it says it found.

Now, other than deleting the Shortcut on your Desktop, what have you tried to do to uninstall this program.

The usual way would be to go to > Start> Control Panel > Programs & Features and scroll down until you find that
program in the list. From there , you would have to click on it (the program) and allow the uninstallation of this program.

PLease tell us what you have done to try to uninstall this program and IF it's the same as in the link provided.

FLASHORN.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Eurocom Scorpius: 3840QM-2.8 GHz-Ivy Bridge ; ATI 7970M Crossfire ; Intel SSD 520 series 480GB ; Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB,7200RPM ; 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 9 9 9 24 ; Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 ; THX True Studio Pro.

Patience is Life.

#3 User is offline   jetmec46 

• Pip

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:45 PM

First, Thanks for your help with this silly problem...
When I go to Control Panel, to delete the PC Mechanic,I get an error code that says;["C:\Program files\Registry Mechanic\unins000.msg" is missing. please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program.]
I guess I might as well try to do a full install/uninstall, and see if that works.(?)
Thanks again...

#4 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:02 PM

View Postjetmec46, on 20 June 2011 - 06:45 PM, said:

I guess I might as well try to do a full install/uninstall, and see if that works.(?)

It might. I had to do that on one PC to get rid of Google Toolbar (for IE).
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#5 User is offline   Flashorn 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:41 PM

View Postjetmec46, on 20 June 2011 - 06:45 PM, said:

First, Thanks for your help with this silly problem...
When I go to Control Panel, to delete the PC Mechanic,I get an error code that says;["C:\Program files\Registry Mechanic\unins000.msg" is missing. please correct the problem or obtain a new copy of the program.]
Thanks again...

IF you haven't installed a new version of this program yet, I would recommend you install
REVO Uninstaller first and see if this would do the trick instead of taking the chance on
re-installing that program again.

REVO :

http://www.revounins...e_download.html

PLEASE use the FREE version only. No need to buy this for what you intend on doing with it.

FLASHORN.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Eurocom Scorpius: 3840QM-2.8 GHz-Ivy Bridge ; ATI 7970M Crossfire ; Intel SSD 520 series 480GB ; Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB,7200RPM ; 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 9 9 9 24 ; Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 ; THX True Studio Pro.

Patience is Life.

#6 User is offline   PastorKim 

• Pip

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:01 AM

View Postjetmec46, on 06 June 2011 - 04:49 PM, said:

Thanks...

I am with you. PC Tools/Registry Mechanic just showed up on my computer. I am guessing it came in with another installed program. You have to watch for every tiny check box when installing anything.

However, I did what the other person suggested for uninstalling it and it comes up with an error that the uninstall file seems to be missing. Then I went to try and find their site (which I had already found the same webpage that the offered link goes to). Apparently they are shutting down their PC Tools/Registry Mechanic. It gives an end time of December 2013 with a supposedly tech help until December 2014. I was not able to find the help that is stopping Dec 2014.

Clearly this is a disreputable company and it is hard to tell what their supposed 'product' is doing to our computers. I did find, however, that we can still buy their stopped program.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users