Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Is Isatap

#1 User is offline   Daisky 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:02 PM

I was surfing on the internet & suddenly my computer froze & didn't respond even when I pressed the on/off button so I pressed the reboot button(I don't know exactly if that is the name of the other button)& the computer shutdown & was on again & it displayed a message in the corner saying that the ISATAP device was not installed.I didn't install anything so why did it say that?I searched the internet for the meaning of ISATAP & didn't understand much about it other than it has to do with surfing on the internet.So how can I rectify the problem(actually I don't see anything different with my computer)make the device installed?By the way I have windows vista.

Thanks

#2 User is offline   coastie65 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

View PostDaisky, on 28 June 2011 - 02:02 PM, said:

I was surfing on the internet & suddenly my computer froze & didn't respond even when I pressed the on/off button so I pressed the reboot button(I don't know exactly if that is the name of the other button)& the computer shutdown & was on again & it displayed a message in the corner saying that the ISATAP device was not installed.I didn't install anything so why did it say that?I searched the internet for the meaning of ISATAP & didn't understand much about it other than it has to do with surfing on the internet.So how can I rectify the problem(actually I don't see anything different with my computer)make the device installed?By the way I have windows vista.

Thanks

Hi that has to do with the transition from IPv4 to IPv6 ( they are running out of IP addresses , or so they say, so new format for that ). There may or may not be a yellow flag in Device Manager
( START ----> CONTROL PANEL ----> DEVICE MANAGER ) It would probably appear under networking. and should be installed I guess.
Coolermaster HAF 912 Case....ASUS Z87Pro MOBO.....Intel Core i7 4770k Haswell ( OC'd to 4.6 Ghz ) .... Gelid Tranquillo cooler.... Samsung 830 256 GB SSD.... Primary HDD- WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA III /6.0 .... SECONDARY HDD - WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA II / 3.0....16Gb GSkill Ripjaws Series X 2133 Mhz Memory....Corsair AX850w PSU....EVGA GTX 680 Super Clocked Signature 2 Gb GDDR5 Video Card....Samsung CD/DVD RW, DL, DVD-Ram, w/ Lightscribe Optical Drive....Samsung SyncMaster 2243BWX 22" Monitor..... Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit OS

Gateway FX6800-01e----Intel Core i7 960 ( 3.2 GHz)---- Seagate Barracuda 750 Gb SATA II / 3.0 Hdd---- 6 Gb Crucial 1066 Mhz memory, running in Tri Channel conf-----Corsair TX650w PSU----- EVGA Nvidia GTX 560Ti 1gb GDDR5 Vram ----DVD +/- RW / CD ,RAM/DL Optical drive w/ Label Flash-----Gateway TBGM-01 Motherboard.... Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS w/ SP2; Samsung Synch Master 2243BWX 22" Monitor.

#3 User is offline   Daisky 

• PipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:28 PM

I entered "device manager" & under network adapters there was 6 entries with the ISATAP word in them.If I double click on each the following message is in the general tab:
"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

So what do I do now?

#4 User is offline   coastie65 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:06 PM

View PostDaisky, on 29 June 2011 - 02:28 PM, said:

I entered "device manager" & under network adapters there was 6 entries with the ISATAP word in them.If I double click on each the following message is in the general tab:
"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

So what do I do now?

Hi, If there is a yellow Triangle on anything in the Device manager, Right click on it and then click to install drivers if that option is available. It may ask if you want to search the internet for them, if so, do it.
Coolermaster HAF 912 Case....ASUS Z87Pro MOBO.....Intel Core i7 4770k Haswell ( OC'd to 4.6 Ghz ) .... Gelid Tranquillo cooler.... Samsung 830 256 GB SSD.... Primary HDD- WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA III /6.0 .... SECONDARY HDD - WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA II / 3.0....16Gb GSkill Ripjaws Series X 2133 Mhz Memory....Corsair AX850w PSU....EVGA GTX 680 Super Clocked Signature 2 Gb GDDR5 Video Card....Samsung CD/DVD RW, DL, DVD-Ram, w/ Lightscribe Optical Drive....Samsung SyncMaster 2243BWX 22" Monitor..... Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit OS

Gateway FX6800-01e----Intel Core i7 960 ( 3.2 GHz)---- Seagate Barracuda 750 Gb SATA II / 3.0 Hdd---- 6 Gb Crucial 1066 Mhz memory, running in Tri Channel conf-----Corsair TX650w PSU----- EVGA Nvidia GTX 560Ti 1gb GDDR5 Vram ----DVD +/- RW / CD ,RAM/DL Optical drive w/ Label Flash-----Gateway TBGM-01 Motherboard.... Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS w/ SP2; Samsung Synch Master 2243BWX 22" Monitor.

#5 User is offline   Daisky 

• PipPipPip

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:07 AM

Everything under network adapters has a yellow triangle beside it including the ones with the isatap word in them except the last 2(those 2 don't include the ones with the isatap word).I right clicked on each triangle beside the ones with isatap word but the option of install is not there ,there is the option of uninstall.

#6 User is offline   rgreen4 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2011 - 04:48 PM

You should have two items in network adapters if you are using a wireless adapter to connect to a router and then the internet. If you are using a wired connection and do not have a wireless adapter installed, then you would only have one. The one would say something like ethernet NIC and the other if present should mention wireless or WLAN. If on the odd chance you have Bluetooth, that could show up as a third.

You can try uninstalling all the "extra" devices with the yellow triangles and do a normal reboot. Then check device manager again. If the devices are real, they will re-install when you reboot.
Siggy Courtesy of Solar Wings
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   beemwilliam 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 04 August 2011 - 07:27 AM

Hello, If there is a yellow triangle on anything in the device manager, click it and click to install the drivers if that option is available. One may ask if you want to search the internet for them, if so, do it.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users