• « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

9 Reasons To Switch From Facebook To Google+

#201 User is offline   SrAanMVejnovic 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:45 AM

Youtube, Google search, Chrome and now Google+. I'm not very pleased with Facebook but this looks like pure web monopoly. Statment that FB is for teens and G+ for adults is total nonsence. Majority will choose if G+ is next FB, and if that happens it will became same as FB because users are those who shape social networks. G+ will then became full of kids and there will be bunch of same applications as on FB to entertain them. When it comes to FB police they making some progres over the years, and they always have some inovations for platform, so I belive they can stay in game for now.

#202 User is offline   SrAanMVejnovic 

• Pip

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:46 AM

Youtube, Google search, Chrome and now Google+. I'm not very pleased with Facebook but this looks like pure web monopoly. Statment that FB is for teens and G+ for adults is total nonsence. Majority will choose if G+ is next FB, and if that happens it will became same as FB because users are those who shape social networks. G+ will then became full of kids and there will be bunch of same applications as on FB to entertain them. When it comes to FB police they making some progres over the years, and they always have some inovations for platform, so I belive they can stay in game for now.

#203 User is offline   WildDynamico 

• Pip

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

Each one has its benefits, pros & cons: the reason people love bashing FaceBook is because it's 'time' to do so...People don't take accountability for their actions for allowing themselves to become vulnerable to FaceBook permissions, modules, games, etc. that hinder on their privacy (to a point), and then the individual's chosen friends with 'nonsense' comments and needless postings (ex: 'I just had a sandwich today') are examples of the INDIVIDUAL to take accountability for their own FaceBook experience...

I do believe it's too soon for everyone to transition over: it's a blend of using a good amount of social media platforms (FaceBook, Google+, Twitter, etc.) to their advantage and not to jump ship just because one is better than the other...

While I am a huge fan of G+, I'm not one of those who are going to jump ship from my other platforms - in a business perspective, it's foolish and loss of potential ROI; as for socializing, I still have friends refusing to budge, so until FaceBook actually becomes the next MySpace, I'm still in all : )

#204 User is offline   WildDynamico 

• Pip

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

Each one has its benefits, pros & cons: the reason people love bashing FaceBook is because it's 'time' to do so...People don't take accountability for their actions for allowing themselves to become vulnerable to FaceBook permissions, modules, games, etc. that hinder on their privacy (to a point), and then the individual's chosen friends with 'nonsense' comments and needless postings (ex: 'I just had a sandwich today') are examples of the INDIVIDUAL to take accountability for their own FaceBook experience...

I do believe it's too soon for everyone to transition over: it's a blend of using a good amount of social media platforms (FaceBook, Google+, Twitter, etc.) to their advantage and not to jump ship just because one is better than the other...

While I am a huge fan of G+, I'm not one of those who are going to jump ship from my other platforms - in a business perspective, it's foolish and loss of potential ROI; as for socializing, I still have friends refusing to budge, so until FaceBook actually becomes the next MySpace, I'm still in all - they ALL have their place at the moment...

#205 User is offline   AseelKarajih 

• Pip

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

Before google+ I was using gmail and Facebook. but now since I have gmail I have google+ and I think it is way much better than Facebook and now I almost never get on Facebook

#206 User is offline   Phaseling 

• Pip

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

My biggest turnoff for Google+ is how ugly and clunky it feels.

#207 User is offline   a836 

• Pip

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

Phaseling said:

My biggest turnoff for Google+ is how ugly and clunky it feels.

and the government is able to watch us , i dont like that

#208 User is offline   a836 

• Pip

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:47 PM

i dont like that the government can watch us on here . whats up with that google ?

#209 User is offline   riship78 

• Pip

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:56 AM

Facebook seriously does not know how to deal with privacy. Ever since i have reported a page for publicising my personal address, Facebook has done nothing about it. Also, your search history randomly appears in the search bar, and users have no control over it. Facebook makes things public by default, which is incredibly annoying because i have to continuously change settings in my account which is a waste of my time.

About mobiles, the Facebook app on android takes up a LOT of space which can be used for other stuff. It does not have a report function in conversations.

I could use something else instead of Facebook, I am sure google has something better to offer. Anyway, I visit google.com every time i go on the internet.

#210 User is offline   riship78 

• Pip

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:03 AM

JoshuaRowlands said:

One big problem with google is I don't know anyone and most of my friends have facebook but i do really like google

Everyone who has a Google account has Google+.

#211 User is offline   jacobpmesser 

• Pip

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

has anyone been following the [censored] googles been trying to pull in court. THEY READ EVERY EMAIL. THEY COMPLY, WITHOUT CONTEST, OF GIVING YOUR INFORMATION AWAY.

sorry, but [censored] both. i'm looking for something else besides the two.

#212 User is offline   iamkhassak 

• Pip

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:02 PM

And 10th reason is:
Important service about TRANSLATE.GOOGLE.com.
It's very good for any G+ person to save and keep personal phrase and word.
All G+ users can have an personal phrasebook on www.translate.google.com

#213 User is offline   brainout 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:28 PM

SEVEN REASONS TO STAY AWAY FROM BOTH FACEBOOK AND GOOGLE NONPLUSSED

1. Both mine your email contacts for data. Facebook emails your contacts even after you LEAVE, and in your name, invites your contacts to 'join' Facebook. (Same is true of LinkedIn.) It's not that they are trying to violate your privacy, so much as use your data to gain more business. That's worse.
2. They play little hitler. Google in particular, does that via Youtube. So, I left (went to vimeo).
3. Their websites are incredibly puerile, ugly, hard to use and just plain dysfunctional. Way too much whitespace, and who said that gray on white was a good combination? With Arial font?
4. They want you to use your real name. That's an accident waiting to happen. Do you wear your Driver's License and Birthday around your neck in big letters for everyone to see? No. So, why would you want to use real name and real data on the internet?
5. They cultivate the idea that you're not 'in', 'hip', 'cool' unless you're in their group. Heart of religion, that.
6. They use the space as a way to corner you into their other products, and are aggressive. That's a sign of bad management, a company who despises the customer.
7. They make interface changes at the drop of a hat, policy changes out from nowhere, and you're stuck.

Past is prologue.
Willfully Insane Now Dangerous Or Wildly Stupid. :)

Share this topic:

• 11 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users