• Group: PCWorld BOT

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:04 AM

Post your comments for How to Cancel a Google+ Account here

#2 User is offline   anonymousr46j 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:06 AM

THANK YOU for the tip, cause I've been thinking about this.

#3 User is offline   mobiletonster 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:35 AM

+1

#4 User is offline   karthiq 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:55 PM

g+ is facebook clone?? well facebooks was orkut's clone and orkut was myspace's clone.

Also facebook looks and feels far more similar to orkut than g+ does to facebook.

Also i think people should wait before cancelling their accounts,as once the flood gates open,it will be worth it :)

#5 User is offline   KrishaMiller 

• Pip

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

Thank you so much. I've been trying to figure out how to let friends & family download photos from my Picasa albums albums again (something they couldn't do when they got redirected to Google+). I tried getting help from Google & that lead me nowhere. Thank you!

#6 User is offline   abrahamnwocha 

• PipPip

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

you can also surf out more deals today to help boost your deals also shopping some vital items to your catalog even if your not with physical cash to do so but it can serve as a reminder when the cash is available for you to buy goods from the shop do have a wonderful day with friends and family thanks for your time.

#7 User is offline   abrahamnwocha 

• PipPip

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:32 AM

View PostKrishaMiller, on 26 January 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

Thank you so much. I've been trying to figure out how to let friends & family download photos from my Picasa albums albums again (something they couldn't do when they got redirected to Google+). I tried getting help from Google & that lead me nowhere. Thank you!

#8 User is offline   abrahamnwocha 

• PipPip

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

the system runs in so many country and has been improved for customer service and care. right now additional tools is been add to create a broad band with the use of our institutional background and factors to help in discussion and other various form of application. soon we are going to take off our speed by introducing you to a link to adobe and hope to have your support with respect to your introduction and testimony with our tools and product God bless you and good luck in our feature upgrading application.

#9 User is offline   opdhingra 

• Pip

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

I wish to get my name registered google+ with my account <omkarma36@gmail.com>.

And ,therefore, my existing registration for google+ with my account <opdhingrah@gmail.com> is required to be cancilled.
Anticipatory Thanks. With regard to my 1st name "OP" I am to say that I am a retiree with this name only after rendering more than 36 yrs of service with Delhi Government (Retired as Inspector in 2003) Sorry I cannot change this. It is open to Google to accept or reject the candidature. I may add that my existing registration with Google+ (which is now requested to be changed) is also in the same name i.e. "OP" as 1st name. Thanks for every thing. OP Dhingra.
OP Dhingra.

#10 User is offline   OliverSimpkin 

• Pip

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:02 AM

How do I stop it from being my Youtube profile?!

#11 User is offline   Wonderer 

• Pip

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Thanks to you, I'm free of Google+!. Yay!

#12 User is offline   Johnchloe 

• Pip

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

I dont see how you can do this, I am at step 4. "On the following page, choose Delete Google+ content, then click Remove selected services."

Well Google says:
"You're trying to delete your Google Account that provides access to the Google products listed below. Please select each checkbox to confirm you fully understand that you'll no longer be able to use any of these products and all information associated with them, and that your account will be lost."

No sign of "Remove selected services" anywhere to be found?

#13 User is offline   corlyssd 

• Pip

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

Thanks for the help. I was panic stricken when I accidentally signed up for this thing. I'm a gmail user and thought my entire gmail accounts were going to be compromised by the dreadful chaotic noise of Google+.

#14 User is offline   blrman91504 

• Pip

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:51 AM

Johnchloe said:

I dont see how you can do this, I am at step 4. "On the following page, choose Delete Google+ content, then click Remove selected services." Well Google says: "You're trying to delete your Google Account that provides access to the Google products listed below. Please select each checkbox to confirm you fully understand that you'll no longer be able to use any of these products and all information associated with them, and that your account will be lost." No sign of "Remove selected services" anywhere to be found?

you have to go to the upper LEFT hand corner,and click home. then youll see a drop down box, which shows settings.
then go to account.about the middle of the page, itll show 'account management'.
click 'delete google+ profile' and choose[from radio buttons] 'delete entire profile and you tube channel'.
go down to the bottom of the page, and check the 'required: i understand that this sevice cant be undone...'
then click on 'remove selected service'

#15 User is offline   brainout 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:22 AM

Google Plus is the reason I froze my Youtube account. Can't change the email address. Can 'switch' to another Google Plus account associated with another email address, but I want NOTHING to do with Google Plus. I made videos about it: click here and click here.

Now here's the next Youtube catch: even if you have a separate, grandfathered, Youtube account, you can't know of anyone commenting on your videos, you can't share, like, post a comment, nor will you even get any comments in your inbox. You can't even thumbs-up someone. Unless, you LINK to Google Plus.

So I won't go to Youtube anymore. Am just copying video descriptions and porting everything over to vimeo. Will take 18 months or so, to do that. If by then Google Plus hasn't become optional, then I'll delete my Youtube account. Because by then, only mindless people will be using Youtube.

PS: meanwhile, if you absolutely HAVE to make that comment, etc., you can link to Google Plus until you're done, then (within 14 days), UNLINK ('disconnect') Google Plus from your Youtube account. Click on your avatar, then Settings, then Overview, then Advanced, to make these changes. Youtube is real glitchy, so it might not work well. So refresh the page, and try again, if that happens.

Longterm, it's easy to see Google is trying to create a closed ecosystem; so that unless you have Google Plus, you can't do anything. One gal using her iPad told me she wasn't even allowed to search from it, until she linked to Google Plus.

So I'm boycotting everything Google, whether anything they sell, or any of their free stuff. I have to stay in Youtube, at least until my vids are ported over. After that.. we'll see.

REALLY BIG MISTAKE, Google. Tyranny never sets well with anyone.

This post has been edited by brainout: 12 November 2013 - 04:28 AM

Willfully Insane Now Dangerous Or Wildly Stupid. :)

#16 User is online   angelo212 

• Pip

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:29 PM

I tried like a SOB to do it your way and have no idea how you did it. I got to account setting and there was no "service" section. I have no idea what you did from there no matter what I did. I just deleted my account which was real easy to find.

#17 User is offline   brainout 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:39 AM

View Postangelo212, on 19 December 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

I tried like a SOB to do it your way and have no idea how you did it. I got to account setting and there was no "service" section. I have no idea what you did from there no matter what I did. I just deleted my account which was real easy to find.

I couldn't find it after making the post, either. When I wrote the post, I was reading from the Google page. There is a way to still do it, but maybe they moved it now. Maybe search on 'delete Google Plus account' within Google search, to find it? The only thing is that you can disable your page, and even finding that, is a pistol. You have to edit your settings, which are VERY long about the bizillion types of emails Google wants to send you about Google Plus notifications. At the very bottom of that page, is a 'disable page' option. But that doesn't delete your Google Plus account. Here's the link about it: http://plus.google.com/downgrade/ . Here's the link on how to delete the actual account: https://support.goog...ts/answer/32046

Sorry!

This post has been edited by brainout: 20 December 2013 - 01:46 AM

Willfully Insane Now Dangerous Or Wildly Stupid. :)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users