Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

HP All-in-One Solution Center-no device found

#1 User is offline   vishwanath 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:11 AM

I have installed HP Photosmart 3310 and after installation was completed succesfully, when i try to open HP solution centre it shows that no device have been found. Can any one resolve the issue. thank you

#2 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:03 AM

Hi vishwanath,I would uninstall the entire application and reinstall it. Sometimes, the installation process may get interrupted and may not fully complete. If you uninstall and reinstall and you still get the same message, post back.

#3 User is offline   billybob59 

• Pip

Posted 13 July 2007 - 02:34 PM

During the past week since I have upgraded to Vista, I have spent over 15 hours of my time with HP and the Solution Center isuue. My last contact was with the Support desk (India Center) supervisor. His name is Peter and was real nice, however no help. Prior to installing Vista, I ade sure I had all Vista compliant hardware. I even went out and purchased HP's new All In One OfficeJet 7410. Well what a mistake, as you mention the Solution Center software does not recognize the printer, however it apprears in the printer tab (Control Panel). This is very, very frustrating since this was not a cheap printer! The printer will scan print, howver if you try to use the Compactflash slots, there is not why to dwonload the pictures. Peter indicatde I was the fist person to call them about this critical issue, wellll I guess that was a ittle fib....He stated they would need to continue to look inot their issue through their tools protocal. I have a funny feeling this mjight take a little bit to find a solution for the solution software...:cry:

#4 User is offline   billybob59 

• Pip

Posted 13 July 2007 - 02:37 PM

By the way mphenterprises, I have deinstalled and reinstalled the software at least 6 times. Reinstalling the latest from HP website and have removed every spyware and ad-aware detecting software from my PC which also includes Norton 2007.

#5 User is offline   smax013 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2007 - 02:56 PM

[quote name='billybob59']During the past week since I have upgraded to Vista, I have spent over 15 hours of my time with HP and the Solution Center isuue. My last contact was with the Support desk (India Center) supervisor. His name is Peter and was real nice, however no help. Prior to installing Vista, I ade sure I had all Vista compliant hardware. I even went out and purchased HP's new All In One OfficeJet 7410. Well what a mistake, as you mention the Solution Center software does not recognize the printer, however it apprears in the printer tab (Control Panel). > > > > This is very, very frustrating since this was not a cheap printer! The printer will scan print, howver if you try to use the Compactflash slots, there is not why to dwonload the pictures. Peter indicatde I was the fist person to call them about this critical issue, wellll I guess that was a ittle fib....> > > > He stated they would need to continue to look inot their issue through their tools protocal. I have a funny feeling this mjight take a little bit to find a solution for the solution software...> > > > :cry:Your problem might be Vista. I don't believe that HP has updated all the All-in-One software to be Vista compliant, but only the printer/scanner drivers. So, you can print by normal methods and you can can using Windoze built-in scanning function, but the other stuff might be out for now. I could be wrong, but others have mentioned such issues on other threads I believe. It all depends on how HP defines Vista compatible (kind of along the same line as Micro$oft designating computers as being Vista compatibile if they can run Vista Basic, but not really be able to handle stuff from Home Premium or Ultimate such as Aero).

#6 User is offline   lilxkid24 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:13 PM

it might not be compatible with vista yet. Just wait and one with vista should work soon. Maybe im wrong though :shock:

#7 User is offline   cgarner 

• Pip

Posted 19 August 2007 - 05:44 AM

I had the same problem with a photosmart 2575. After many hours of removing and loading the new drivers for my printer, I found a link that had info that solved my problem. When the driver software is removed, the Digital Imaging directory is not removed from the HP directory. I removed the printer drivers and then deleted the Digital Imaging Directory, loaded the printer drivers, and it worked. The digital imaging directory must contain info on the HP devices detected and defaults to the old printer driver which had been removed-this is just a guess. I did notice that before I deleted the digital imaging directory, there were two cryptic files in the directory. Example {C916d860.....}. I checked the digital imaging directory after I had the system working and now there is only one of these files. On my computer the digital imaging directory was located at C:/Program Files/Hp/Digital Imaging. I hope this helps.

#8 User is offline   rgreen4 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 19 August 2007 - 06:05 AM

cgarner - thanks for the input. I have been able to answer the LJ questions but not having an all in one, we were all scratching our heads.Guys - this is why everyone who has gone through the upgrade hassle recommends a clean install. This means an install where the drive is formatted at the start of the install. This type of install is intiated by booting from the install disc, not the old Windows installations. This gets rid of this type of problem. It does mean, however, that all the software must be reinstalled from scratch.There are those who advocate reformatting and reinstalling once a year anyway, but I'm not among them, it's a hassle. But on an upgrade, I NEVER run the upgrade from within windows, I always do a clean install.Billybob59 and vishwanath - try cgarner's suggestion, if it does not work for you, try a clean install of Vista - just make sure you have all your data backed up and the drivers copied over to a safe place.

#9 User is offline   raphaelnikolai 

• Pip

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:32 PM

This is rather an easy problem to fix. You just need to knwo how to properly install the hp software.

Ho HP devices detected Fixed - Click here

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users