• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Toshiba Laptop Checkup Norton Advertisement

#1 User is offline   crazy4laptops 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:32 PM

I was tasked with cleaning up a Toshiba laptop. There is a program installed and it is called Toshiba Laptop Checkup and it's a fancy way of Symantec promoting it's norton product line. It lies in every way possible, and the screenshot I attached makes no sense whatsoever.

Just a heads up at Toshiba/Symantec preying on unsuspecting non-savvy PC people.

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: hmmm copy.png

This post has been edited by crazy4laptops: 28 October 2011 - 12:33 PM

Even the experts started out as beginners

#2 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:48 PM

View Postcrazy4laptops, on 28 October 2011 - 12:32 PM, said:

I was tasked with cleaning up a Toshiba laptop. There is a program installed and it is called Toshiba Laptop Checkup and it's a fancy way of Symantec promoting it's norton product line. It lies in every way possible, and the screenshot I attached makes no sense whatsoever.

Just a heads up at Toshiba/Symantec preying on unsuspecting non-savvy PC people.

Disk size 0MB, free space 0MB? And 'Memory Capacity' is misleading - is that actually the max the PC supports?
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#3 User is offline   crazy4laptops 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:33 PM

View PostLiveBrianD, on 28 October 2011 - 02:48 PM, said:

Disk size 0MB, free space 0MB? And 'Memory Capacity' is misleading - is that actually the max the PC supports?

I do not know... but it has an Intel i3 processor so it's pretty zippy!
Even the experts started out as beginners

#4 User is offline   LincolnSpector 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:42 AM

That's your problem! You don't have a hard drive! Posted Image

Lincoln

#5 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 October 2011 - 12:15 PM

View PostLincolnSpector, on 30 October 2011 - 09:42 AM, said:

That's your problem! You don't have a hard drive! Posted Image

Lincoln

I must be missing something... he's running that from a floppy disk then? (and photoshoped it from 640KB ram to 4GB) :D
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#6 User is offline   catilley1092 

• PipPipPip

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

Evidently another piece of useless crapware that all OEM's install. But this one is more deceiving than others. I have "HP Support Assistant", while it does report the correct specs, it's still useless. All it ever updates is itself. What good is that?

Whenever you buy a new computer, be it a PC or notebook, remove the useless junk that you don't need, including the "free trial" AV suite (usually Norton) that ships with it. Unless one buys extra time at purchase, making it a true full version, it's not worth having. Most (but not all) AV's has their own uninstaller built into the program. The other "junk" programs, can either be removed by the "Add & Remove" in the Control Panel, or for more aggressive cleaning (getting it all), use Revo Uninstaller. But be careful, Revo is a potent program.

Another simple alternative, & a safe one, is "My Uninstaller". It's the least aggressive, but it's also the safest one of my uninstall tools.

Cat

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users