PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: How To Revert Your Android Smartphone To A Stock Rom - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How To Revert Your Android Smartphone To A Stock Rom

#1 User is offline   PCWorld 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: PCWorld BOT

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:19 PM

Post your comments for How to Revert Your Android Smartphone to a Stock ROM here

#2 User is offline   Apostol0s 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 11 December 2011 - 02:12 PM

The phone should be rooted or its not necessary?

#3 User is offline   Whack 

• Pip

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

I followed the above procedure. When the phone restarted, the fresh android 'set up your cellphone' procedure came just fine, but 3 out of 4 of my touch buttons were not lighting up. The keypad input was not being punched in properly either. I switched off and restarted the phone using the volune up+power key, entered the fastboot mode, selected recovery, and the cellphone restarted giving me an android with an exclaimation mark. I am unable to restore and go back to an older backup, and I cannot use the recently installed stock rom either. Stuck in a mess. Please help!!

#4 User is offline   Konc 

• Pip

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:16 PM

View PostWhack, on 17 December 2011 - 02:44 PM, said:

I followed the above procedure. When the phone restarted, the fresh android 'set up your cellphone' procedure came just fine, but 3 out of 4 of my touch buttons were not lighting up. The keypad input was not being punched in properly either. I switched off and restarted the phone using the volune up+power key, entered the fastboot mode, selected recovery, and the cellphone restarted giving me an android with an exclaimation mark. I am unable to restore and go back to an older backup, and I cannot use the recently installed stock rom either. Stuck in a mess. Please help!!

I'm getting the same problem with the 3 out of 4 touch buttons not lighting up (or working). I've restarted the phone a few times mainly because each time the screen turns off, I can't turn it on again.

I'm just about to do another restore and see if that helps, for some reason. Not holding my breath though.

#5 User is offline   Konc 

• Pip

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:05 PM

View PostKonc, on 17 December 2011 - 04:16 PM, said:

I'm getting the same problem with the 3 out of 4 touch buttons not lighting up (or working). I've restarted the phone a few times mainly because each time the screen turns off, I can't turn it on again.

I'm just about to do another restore and see if that helps, for some reason. Not holding my breath though.

Okay, so after some googling I managed to find the following thread: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1056062

I used the 2.3.6 Full ROM for my phone (be sure to verify which one you should use) and flashed that one instead, and now everything works like a charm.

#6 User is offline   RTremor 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

I have a MyTouch 4G and wanted to go back to the original OS. I tried to download the file through megaupload but the link gave me a message about megaupload being seized by the authority or something. Can I get an instruction to go back to my original OS?

#7 User is offline   SarahGheith 

• Pip

Posted 20 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

View PostKonc, on 17 December 2011 - 07:05 PM, said:

View PostKonc, on 17 December 2011 - 04:16 PM, said:

Okay, so after some googling I managed to find the following thread: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1056062

I used the 2.3.6 Full ROM for my phone (be sure to verify which one you should use) and flashed that one instead, and now everything works like a charm.

How were you able to do that? Didn't you unroot your phone?

#8 User is offline   RaviBangera 

• Pip

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:16 AM

Can you please post a tutorial for reverting Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830i from custom rom to stock gingerbread rom ? Pleeeeeeeeeease....

#9 User is offline   ZahirShivji 

• Pip

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:48 PM

Will this work for a Samsung Galaxy S2?

#10 User is offline   seftalias 

• Pip

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:55 AM

nandroid link is not there!!!can we download it from another directory?

#11 User is offline   seftalias 

• Pip

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:56 AM

nandroid link is not there!!!can we download it from another directory?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users