PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: Play Online Games On Smartphone? - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Play Online Games On Smartphone? INFO ON WHAT SMARTPHONE CAN PLAY ONLINE GAMES.

#1 User is offline   Yofat 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:31 AM

Hi people... I was looking over the forum and I couldnt find an answer to my question. I believe its cuz its a sort of dumb question. Here's the deal. I have a Blackberry curve now. I know its an old phone, so I want to upgrade to something better. I was thinking an Android.

Now, my question is this. I'm addicted to online games on Facebook for example. And watching movies online as well. My device, the blackberry curve, wont let me do any of those things. So I was wondering. Is there any smartphone device -I would prefer Android, but I dont really care if I would have to go by iOS or RIM- that would let me play games like mafia wars, the sims social or so on the mobile browser & that would also let me watch movies online?

Any answer would be apreciated. Thank you. And again, sorry if anyone thinks this question is something I should already know, it's just that I've asked to some friends and some says all new phones can do it, other says none can, and other says some of them can do it. So in your experience, what device would you recommend to me?

#2 User is offline   LincolnSpector 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:43 AM

View PostYofat, on 06 November 2011 - 09:31 AM, said:

Hi people... I was looking over the forum and I couldnt find an answer to my question. I believe its cuz its a sort of dumb question. Here's the deal. I have a Blackberry curve now. I know its an old phone, so I want to upgrade to something better. I was thinking an Android.

Now, my question is this. I'm addicted to online games on Facebook for example. And watching movies online as well. My device, the blackberry curve, wont let me do any of those things. So I was wondering. Is there any smartphone device -I would prefer Android, but I dont really care if I would have to go by iOS or RIM- that would let me play games like mafia wars, the sims social or so on the mobile browser & that would also let me watch movies online?

Any answer would be apreciated. Thank you. And again, sorry if anyone thinks this question is something I should already know, it's just that I've asked to some friends and some says all new phones can do it, other says none can, and other says some of them can do it. So in your experience, what device would you recommend to me?

I can't speak about games, but you can definitely watch streaming videos on an Android phone (and an iPhone). I strongly recommend using WiFi when you do so. 3G doesn't have the bandwidth to make it work well.

OTOH, I wouldn't recommend doing it at all for anything other than a very short clip. Watching a feature-length movie on a pocket device that you're holding in your hand is not a pleasant experience.

Lincoln

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users