• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: PCWorld BOT

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:26 AM

Post your comments for Windows Phone 7 Sales Drop Precipitously here

#2 User is offline   dastopherturl 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:40 AM

I was a bit surprised that PCWorld had this article, but then I saw that was by Preston Gralla.

Good link bait though, worked on me at least...

#3 User is offline   melgross 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:39 AM

View Postdastopherturl, on 17 November 2011 - 07:40 AM, said:

I was a bit surprised that PCWorld had this article, but then I saw that was by Preston Gralla.

Good link bait though, worked on me at least...

The truth is still the truth. WP7 has been a failure so far. Whether Nokia will make more than an incremental difference isn't known. After all, if the two most popular Android phone manufacturers, HTC and Samsung, can't sell WP7 phones, who can? Nokia's reputation has been damaged, can they? Maybe not.

Even Ballmer stated that WP7 sales went from "very small to very small". Not encouraging. People may just not be interested in a third phone family, now that RIM is also in much trouble.

#4 User is offline   Company7g7i 

• PipPip

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:43 AM

Generally where devs go customers follow, but that was largely in the days when there were few OS options. Now that android is really mature and platforms such as blackberry continue to add their own apps, that doesn't hold true as much. MS has a nice OS, but it is definitely an acquired taste. Until there is commonality between what MS does best (desktop OSs) and their mobile ones (and seamless cross functionality between the two, I strongly suspect that user interest will remain low.

#5 User is offline   SierraHotel 

• PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:55 AM

"Generally, where developers go, consumers follow."

With all due respect, I think it is the other way around.

#6 User is offline   StefanMurray 

• Pip

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

maybe is due to their sucky options on hardware??? MS needs to get on turbo or see its mobile OS fail... So dissapointed on MS and their strategy...

#7 User is offline   SebastianSwann7qpl 

• Pip

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:02 AM

That view only from one side.
If you look at this from second side:
http://www.winrumors...ne-of-the-year/

http://www.winrumors...s-at-orange-uk/

it doesn't look so bad. Actualy it looks promising.

#8 User is offline   MichaelMcWilliamsupu1 

• PipPip

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:48 AM

Well, no one ever says that the free market is logical. MS has - IMHO - an OS here that is vastly superior. It is much more functional and usable than the clunky, ugly, tired iOS. And its a far smoother and elegant system than the unreliable, inconsistent Android. I love my WP7 phone and plan to upgrade to another one when the time comes...unless Apple goes back to the drawing board and comes up with huge improvements to its dissapointing device...or Android does some real work on its lousy interface.

If it fails, that will be a shame. Not the first time that superior tech gets overwhelmed by mediocre competition ...but regrettable nonetheless.

#9 User is offline   KeithGarryBoyce 

• Pip

Posted 17 November 2011 - 12:01 PM

Probably because no-one can upgrade to new phone without losing all their text messages and whatever else isn't transferred.. Same reason why we don't take a chance and put in a new SD card into a focus.

#10 User is offline   jbelkin 

• PipPipPip

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:25 PM

View PostMichaelMcWilliamsupu1, on 17 November 2011 - 10:48 AM, said:

Well, no one ever says that the free market is logical. MS has - IMHO - an OS here that is vastly superior. It is much more functional and usable than the clunky, ugly, tired iOS. And its a far smoother and elegant system than the unreliable, inconsistent Android. I love my WP7 phone and plan to upgrade to another one when the time comes...unless Apple goes back to the drawing board and comes up with huge improvements to its dissapointing device...or Android does some real work on its lousy interface.

If it fails, that will be a shame. Not the first time that superior tech gets overwhelmed by mediocre competition ...but regrettable nonetheless.

It must be nice to never be wrong. That 250 million people must be wrong but you and a few thousand others are just way smarter than the rest of us? Or maybe your needs are satisfied by the giant tetris blocks of WIn 7 but others need a full ecosystem? Or that you are in constant need of the new? (after all, IOS 5 is nearly a month old!) But hey, it must be us and never you.

The bigger issue is taht WIN & MS are dead as a consumer brand - beaten to death by 15 years of neglect from MS. When consumers can, they IMMEDIATELY switch to another brand, ANY other brand - even Android over the same $29 WIN phone.

#11 User is offline   jreuter 

• PipPip

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:55 PM

Really, hardly a surprise. WP7 has had the same paltry few phones for sale for, what, almost a year now?

Finally, just this month, a new crop of WP7 phones is starting to show up. Time will tell if that generates some uptake.

#12 User is offline   satandy 

• Pip

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:00 PM

I tried out a Samsung Focus that was upgraded to Mango, and I've also got an Iphone 4S and a Samsung Captivate running latest version of Cyanogenmod.

Windows Phone 7 under Mango is very polished and works very well.
However, I quickly got bored of the device, due to the Marketplace and difficulty finding apps common to the IOS and Android Platforms.

Perhaps when more applications come out that are optimized for Mango, and its easier to find these apps the platform can take off.
To me, it just seemed to quickly bore me. I wish Win Phone 7 success.

#13 User is offline   JamesDiLeo25zt 

• Pip

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:28 AM

I am not surprised. For all of their market share across platforms...Microsoft is pretty dumb. The success of Itunes,the App Store, the Android market,...and yet the imbeciles at Microsoft cannot figure out how to offer a secure market for Developers to sell Windows software for PC which would lead to integration with Windows Phone OS. I have searched, but I cannot seem to find it. Can they bethat dumb????

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users