PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: How To Move Pages Around In Word 2007? - PCWorld Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How To Move Pages Around In Word 2007? Any way to do this without cut and paste?

#1 User is offline   odoc 

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 28
  • Joined: 22-October 09
  • Location:Vancouver, BC

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:42 PM

Hey everyone!

I'm trying to move some pages around on Microsoft Word 2007. Is there any way to do this wihtout cutting and pasting?

If not, is there an easy way to highlight just an entire page (just the page and not the rest of the document)?

Thanks!!
0

#2 User is offline   compnovo 

  • Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,227
  • Joined: 18-October 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:05 AM

View Postodoc, on 27 November 2011 - 10:42 PM, said:

Hey everyone!

I'm trying to move some pages around on Microsoft Word 2007. Is there any way to do this wihtout cutting and pasting?

If not, is there an easy way to highlight just an entire page (just the page and not the rest of the document)?

Thanks!!

Hi odoc,
I haven't tried moving pages, but the easy way to highlight a page is to click anywhere in the page then press Ctrl A (for "select all"). That will highlight the entire page so you can cut and paste it.
Core i7 4771 - Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 - 250GB Samsung 840 SSD - 2TB Toshiba HDD - PNY GTX760 - 16GB G.Skill Ares 1333 - Corsair Carbide 200R - Corsair 600w - Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
0

#3 User is offline   Szczecinianin 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 441
  • Joined: 12-January 11
  • Location:Szczecin, Poland

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:07 AM

Hi, do you mean a thing called panning tool like this "hand" icon you have e.g. in Corel Draw to move a page? Well I didn't see it anywhere in Word. Besides, why should you pan a page in a word processor? As to selecting only one page I have no good news either: <CTRL+A> selects whole document as the name says. So I guess you can't do both. But what does help file/a book say about it? Maybe they've added this in ver 2007 (I use Word 2000)?

29 or 30 Nov is in Poland The Andrzejki night of fortune telling, chiefly about marriage. People of both sexes party and try to tell their future from i.a. the shape of a solidified mass of hot wax, or its shadow, poured on cold water. This has to do with St. Andrew and used to be girls only, like finding a husband.
0

#4 User is offline   compnovo 

  • Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,227
  • Joined: 18-October 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:29 AM

View PostSzczecinianin, on 29 November 2011 - 03:07 AM, said:

...<CTRL+A> selects whole document as the name says. So I guess you can't do both...

Oops, totally correct of course. The other approach (and this one works, I tested first :lol: ) is to click to the left of the text at the beginning of the page and then, while holding down Shift, click to the right of the text at the end of the page.
Core i7 4771 - Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 - 250GB Samsung 840 SSD - 2TB Toshiba HDD - PNY GTX760 - 16GB G.Skill Ares 1333 - Corsair Carbide 200R - Corsair 600w - Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
0

#5 User is offline   Szczecinianin 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 441
  • Joined: 12-January 11
  • Location:Szczecin, Poland

Posted 30 November 2011 - 02:32 AM

View Postcompnovo, on 29 November 2011 - 07:29 AM, said:

Oops, totally correct of course. The other approach (and this one works, I tested first :lol: ) is to click to the left of the text at the beginning of the page and then, while holding down Shift, click to the right of the text at the end of the page.


O yes it works and I checked it, too. Thanks.
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users