PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: How To Install The Android Market On Your Kindle Fire - PCWorld Forums

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How To Install The Android Market On Your Kindle Fire

#1 User is offline   PCWorld 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: PCWorld BOT

Posted 28 November 2011 - 01:31 PM

Post your comments for How to Install the Android Market on Your Kindle Fire here

#2 User is offline   mjdinsmoreznwt 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:09 PM

This doesn't sound too promising -- "frequent crashes and slow download speeds". Did you try to do any validation to understand the cause? Poor wifi signal? Install an app that wouldn't run and then experience the crash? Lack of details just leaves me to wait for someone more adept at this process to detail it.

#3 User is offline   JohnAlvarez 

• Pip

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

Once you have rooted and installed Android Market, you will want to install OTA RootKeeper (https://market.andro...o.otarootkeeper), which can basically turn root on or off (to put it simply) and allow you to watch video on demand if you have Prime. This is necessary because Amazon will not allow rooted Fires to access video on demand.

#4 User is offline   CarsonSangrey 

• Pip

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:03 AM

If you are having trouble downloading apps from the Kindle Fire, you can try to push the downloads from a computer by going to the Android Market (https://market.android.com). Then tell the website to send it to your Kindle Fire. (You will need to launch the Android Market app from your Kindle Fire first). The only side effect is that it may Force Close the Android Market on the Kindle Fire.

#5 User is offline   BryanRobinson 

• Pip

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:16 PM

I can't get Vending to Mount. I cut it and hit mount but it's not mounting. Any help on this?

#6 User is offline   Davidcxdn 

• Pip

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:39 AM

View PostBryanRobinson, on 30 November 2011 - 07:16 PM, said:

I can't get Vending to Mount. I cut it and hit mount but it's not mounting. Any help on this?

I can remount /system/apps, but although pasting Vending.apk appears to succeed, the file does not appear in the listing. Of course, one can't change its protection mode if it doesn't appear.

Also, looking at other files in apps shows no protection boxes checked for any of them.

#7 User is offline   MikeBethany 

• Pip

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:14 PM

Do NOT use the Vendor.apk from this article. It's older than the pyramids and will crash constantly. In fact I wouldn't trust anything in this article since they don't really know what they're talking about and are just repeating, incorrectly I might add, the steps on how to get the Android Market on your Fire.

#8 User is offline   SergioCalleja 

• Pip

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:53 AM

I have bricked my Kindle Fire. Can you give me a solution.

I think that it was when I tried to change permisions on "apps" folder.

#9 User is offline   HandiraOcb 

• Pip

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:46 AM

Took me hours to basically figure out step No.4 suppose to be done on the kindle itself (fml moment)... yup did everything smoothly after figuring that out, try to update the fileexpert new version it will basically sort out everything and compartmentalize all files, easier to identify hence no need to cut and paste for app folder in step 5 and no need to mount it either in step 6. Save ur time. BUT the vending file (market) prob made for real phones and not tablet, so can't connect to google ID, hence no browsing and downloading in the android market. Back to square 0. Any suggestion?

#10 User is offline   HandiraOcb 

• Pip

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:51 AM

View PostDavidcxdn, on 02 December 2011 - 10:39 AM, said:

View PostBryanRobinson, on 30 November 2011 - 07:16 PM, said:

I can remount /system/apps, but although pasting Vending.apk appears to succeed, the file does not appear in the listing. Of course, one can't change its protection mode if it doesn't appear.

Also, looking at other files in apps shows no protection boxes checked for any of them.

Hello there. As you install the file expert (whatever version) on kindle fire, try to update it to latest version hence no need to cut and paste like step 5 and no need to mount it either like step 6 to app folder cos once u install it, and then install the vending (android market) it will straight away do it for ya. Save ur time. But whatever it is, the vending.apk app does not work in kindle fire as it won't let u sign in with ur google id which means, no browsing the android market. OMG!

#11 User is offline   HandiraOcb 

• Pip

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:55 AM

PCworld, Munday and dealthtoall, how about the vending.apk that is suitable for tablet (in my case kindle fire), as it's crucial to be able to sign in and start downloading stuff. Please need help. TQ.

#12 User is offline   HandiraOcb 

• Pip

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:18 AM

My google ID worked for the vending.apk!!!!!! Maybe it's the wifi around this area it sux big time, but yea... this is a tested testimony that it worked from the "how to root your kindle fire" page to this one, every step worked, if u want u can make life easier by looking at my previous posts, but as i type now... Im downloading angry bird. 2 thumbs up and 2 toes up.

#13 User is offline   JoshSchaeffer 

• Pip

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:14 PM

I've got everything downloaded but when I try to download something from the android market it just says it was unsuccessful. Did I do something wrong?

#14 User is offline   JoshSchaeffer 

• Pip

Posted 09 December 2011 - 08:20 PM

I've got everything downloaded but when I try to download something from the android market it just says it was unsuccessful. Did I do something wrong?

#15 User is offline   StephenShepard 

• Pip

Posted 10 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

View PostHandiraOcb, on 07 December 2011 - 10:18 AM, said:

My google ID worked for the vending.apk!!!!!! Maybe it's the wifi around this area it sux big time, but yea... this is a tested testimony that it worked from the "how to root your kindle fire" page to this one, every step worked, if u want u can make life easier by looking at my previous posts, but as i type now... Im downloading angry bird. 2 thumbs up and 2 toes up.

How'd you get the File Expert to update? Everytime it downloads it says, "application not installed".

#16 User is offline   parhammore 

• Pip

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:55 PM

I successfully Root my Kindle, Google apps (googletalk & map etc) run just fine..but the Android market either crashes or unable to download the apps.but the overall performance of the device is very good. I tried to get the applications from file hosting sites, which works perfectly on my kindle, that means after rooting we really don't need the android market since the .apk file are available on file sharing websites. anyways thanks for sharing this...

#17 User is offline   PolarDLo 

• Pip

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:28 PM

I got my Fire less than 24 hours ago and rooted it and installed the market with no big issues. Once i tried to log into the Market it wouldnt let me sign in, like that other guy, but once i went to a different wifi connection it logged in fine, like the other guys as well. NOW my problem is when I run Go Launcher i can not use the navigator or a game called Parallel Kingdom (which uses Google Maps, which i have on my Fire and it works). Any help on why some apps still wont work would be awesome. Thx

#18 User is offline   PolarDLo 

• Pip

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

View PostPolarDLo, on 15 December 2011 - 02:28 PM, said:

I got my Fire less than 24 hours ago and rooted it and installed the market with no big issues. Once i tried to log into the Market it wouldnt let me sign in, like that other guy, but once i went to a different wifi connection it logged in fine, like the other guys as well. NOW my problem is when I run Go Launcher i can not use the navigator or a game called Parallel Kingdom (which uses Google Maps, which i have on my Fire and it works). Any help on why some apps still wont work would be awesome. Thx

The market doesnt work at all, it let me sign in, but it does not let me d/l apps, nor does it allow me to d/l apps from the web str8 to the fire even though the sites recognize the kindle fire. Not too much to be pissed about though, just get them the other way and deal with it. All in all just get the latest versions of everything and it will do the work for you, dont worry about doing anything to it after its rooted. This is all the useful tips i saw in these comments put into one comment

#19 User is offline   PolarDLo 

• Pip

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:35 PM

View PostPolarDLo, on 15 December 2011 - 07:10 PM, said:

The market doesnt work at all, it let me sign in, but it does not let me d/l apps, nor does it allow me to d/l apps from the web str8 to the fire even though the sites recognize the kindle fire. Not too much to be pissed about though, just get them the other way and deal with it. All in all just get the latest versions of everything and it will do the work for you, dont worry about doing anything to it after its rooted. This is all the useful tips i saw in these comments put into one comment

and lastly it seems to not be able to run any apps that need to find my location, and the wifi works fine

#20 User is offline   PolarDLo 

• Pip

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

View PostPolarDLo, on 15 December 2011 - 07:35 PM, said:

View PostPolarDLo, on 15 December 2011 - 07:10 PM, said:

and lastly it seems to not be able to run any apps that need to find my location, and the wifi works fine

even the normal kindle market will not allow me to d/l apps.....wth?

Share this topic:

• 3 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users