PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: How To Transfer My Photos From Ipad To Computer - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How To Transfer My Photos From Ipad To Computer

#1 User is offline   oldnier 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 07 December 2011 - 04:57 AM

Over the summer I started downloading photographs directly to our iPad. In the past I had first loaded them onto our laptop and then transferred them to the iPad. Now, I am wondering if I can take what I first put on the iPad and move them to the laptop. Does anyone regularly do this? Or, do you know if it can be done?
Thanks.

#2 User is offline   crazy4laptops 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:31 PM

View Postoldnier, on 07 December 2011 - 04:57 AM, said:

Over the summer I started downloading photographs directly to our iPad. In the past I had first loaded them onto our laptop and then transferred them to the iPad. Now, I am wondering if I can take what I first put on the iPad and move them to the laptop. Does anyone regularly do this? Or, do you know if it can be done?
Thanks.

This should help-
http://www.trickyway...o-pc-windows-7/

Windows image import is the fastest way to transfer pictures from iPhones/iPads
Even the experts started out as beginners

#3 User is offline   web2u 

• Pip

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:06 PM

View Posthengheng2011, on 08 January 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

Transferring between iPad to PC is not hard if you take advantage of third party software. That what I think.
You can have a try.
I tried your method, working :)

This post has been edited by web2u: 09 January 2012 - 02:07 PM

#4 User is offline   alice302 

• Pip

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:54 AM

i know there is a way, that is using a third party software, but most of them have to be paid, so i also want to know if there is another way.

#5 User is offline   alice302 

• Pip

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:52 AM

I konw there are lots of third party software can help you do this, but i do want to know if there is a way without a software.

#6 User is offline   Sogany 

• Pip

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

The way of not using a software is email that photos ,and then download them to the laptop from email.

This post has been edited by Sogany: 09 February 2012 - 07:17 PM

#7 User is offline   Clairegreen 

• Pip

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:14 PM

I have the same problem.

#8 User is offline   smax013 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:23 AM

To my knowledge, iTunes should transfer photos from an iPad (or iPhone or iPod Touch) to your computer as long has you have the option to sync photos turned on for the iPad under the photos tab in iTunes. This is how pictures taken with the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch camera get transferred to a computer.

The other option is to use Photo Stream with iCloud. For a Mac, you will need a Photostream compliant program (i.e. latest versions of iPhoto or Aperture). For a Windows 7 computer, this should help:

http://forums.macrum...d.php?t=1247788
Good riddance PCWorld.

#9 User is offline   amyfu 

• Pip

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

View Postalice302, on 09 February 2012 - 01:52 AM, said:

I konw there are lots of third party software can help you do this, but i do want to know if there is a way without a software.

Ya, it is so easy Just email the photo to your own email address from your iPad and you could download the photos to your PC. Follow the steps below to do that.
1.Take the desired photo in your iPad.
2.Tap on the small arrow button on the top right corner of the screen.
3.Select the "Email Photo" option.
4.Enter the email address and send it
got more acticles from google :
for windows : How to transfer photos/pictures from iPad to PC
for Macbook : How to transfer photos/pictures from iPad to Mac

#10 User is offline   42n81 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members_

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

In Win 7, simply plug in your iPad and wait for it to show up in "My Computer". Double click on "iPad Portable Device", double click on "internal Storage" and double click on "DCIM". Your photo files are right there. Simply drag and drop.

Windows treats the iPad's DCIM folder as an external drive, although I believe it's read only.

#11 User is offline   gigiwill 

• Pip

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:27 AM

Actually that’s quite easy, plug your ipad in and go to “my computer”, and you will see your ipad appear as a device, click in and there’s a folder containing your photos and another containing your videos. Those folders might not have a name that easily guide you to them but please patiently look at it, you will find the phoetos you need ,then copy and paste, done!
Sometime the data you plug in will become hidden on your computer, you will need to change some settings to make them unhidden.

This post has been edited by coastie65: 31 July 2012 - 02:13 PM
Reason for edit: Removed spam links.

#12 User is offline   ashytoclassy 

• PipPip

Posted 12 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

Just hook it up with the connector and it should ask you if you want to upload your photos. However, if you clicked on manually update your ipad via itunes make sure to change that. Or you can just go on itunes and go to the image section and upload your photos from there.

#13 User is offline   nbaaddict 

• Pip

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:23 AM

Personally, sending pics through email and opening it on the pc works well. Another thing is the plugging (which is also mentioned here). I hook up my iPhone and it's pretty much easy getting on from there.
I don't have an iPad but the said ways do help me in transferring photos and other datas to my pc seamlessly.
Hope you found the one which you're most convenient with. Good luck!

#14 User is offline   DataProtection 

• PipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

View Postoldnier, on 07 December 2011 - 04:57 AM, said:

Thanks.

blueteeth?

#15 User is offline   billhugo 

• Pip

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

If you jsut want to copy your photo's of your iPad, do what I do with my iPhone 4. Plug it into the computer, Widnows will detect it as a camera device, look in My Computer and you will see your iPad as a camera, open it and browse the folder and copy your images out. You cannot copy them onto your iPad, only off.

#16 User is offline   zshan 

• Pip

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:42 AM

All the replies in this thread are very helpful and i learned a lot from them. thanks you all

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users