PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: Need A Free Software To Edit Audio Part On A Wmv File - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Need A Free Software To Edit Audio Part On A Wmv File I want to lower the volume on a wmv file

#1 User is offline   MikeHung 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:57 AM

Hello

I have a wmv file and the audio portion is too loud. Is there any free software that I can use to lower the sound track and decrease some static/noise? I tried to use audacity (it has amplify effect) but it seems not compatible with wmv file. Thanks :)

#2 User is offline   compnovo 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:58 PM

View PostMikeHung, on 14 December 2011 - 10:57 AM, said:

Hello

I have a wmv file and the audio portion is too loud. Is there any free software that I can use to lower the sound track and decrease some static/noise? I tried to use audacity (it has amplify effect) but it seems not compatible with wmv file. Thanks :)

Hi Mike,
This might do the job for you, and the price meets your criteria :D :
http://www.sonicdown...&adid=742700073
My wife uses it all the time and likes it.
Core i7 4771 - Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 - 250GB Samsung 840 SSD - 2TB Toshiba HDD - PNY GTX760 - 16GB G.Skill Ares 1333 - Corsair Carbide 200R - Corsair 600w - Win8.1 Pro 64-bit

#3 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:39 PM

View Postcompnovo, on 14 December 2011 - 04:58 PM, said:

Hello

Hi Mike,

Uhh, he said he tried audacity, and you linked to audacity... Apprantly in Any Video Converter, if you go to the settings, you can adjust the volume of converted files. However, that also converts the video, which will take an hour or two. (in that case, you may as well convert the file to a standard mpeg-4 one)
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#4 User is offline   compnovo 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:49 PM

View PostLiveBrianD, on 14 December 2011 - 05:39 PM, said:

View Postcompnovo, on 14 December 2011 - 04:58 PM, said:

Hello

Hi Mike,

Uhh, he said he tried audacity, and you linked to audacity... Apprantly in Any Video Converter, if you go to the settings, you can adjust the volume of converted files. However, that also converts the video, which will take an hour or two. (in that case, you may as well convert the file to a standard mpeg-4 one)

Uhh, you're right. Gotta learn to read more carefully....
Core i7 4771 - Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 - 250GB Samsung 840 SSD - 2TB Toshiba HDD - PNY GTX760 - 16GB G.Skill Ares 1333 - Corsair Carbide 200R - Corsair 600w - Win8.1 Pro 64-bit

#5 User is offline   Winfon 

• PipPip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 16 January 2012 - 07:08 PM

Hmm,as what I know that seems many of the video converter can lower your audio when you convert it,even though that may not a good way to do that ,I think it worth you to have it a try.

#6 User is offline   MLStrand56 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

Hello

I have a wmv file and the audio portion is too loud. Is there any free software that I can use to lower the sound track and decrease some static/noise?

Is there some reason that your Vol. Control can't lower the audio level?

MLStrand56

#7 User is offline   Szczecinianin 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:52 AM

As to noise reduction see Software Informer and other downloads. And guess WMV, and generally Windows Media, is now supported by all media players so you don't need to convert your video. And the player's volume control should be enough to turn it down.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users