PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: Netflix/silverlight/ In Privatebrowsing Problem - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Netflix/silverlight/ In Privatebrowsing Problem

#1 User is offline   tregg 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:11 AM

I can't watch movies on netflix. PC with Vista updated. I keep getting the error message 8010 saying in private browsing is preventing Silverlight from working. Turn off in private browsing, delete Silverlight and reinstall it. Not suprisingly this doesn't work. I've tried many times following all the instructions for each step. I've contacted Netflix but they have been unable to solve this. They sent me emails with the link to Microsoft download page (which I don't need anyway) simple enough to find- and their emails are scrambled/unreadable. The latest is that on the silverlight help page it says Silverlight won't run properly under a 64 bit OS. This is nonsense because until the last couple months I've had no problem watching Netflix and I've had the 64 bit OS for a couple years. Is there a way to toggle back to the 32 bit version? What has changed is that I updated recently to IE9. How do I go back to IE8? I also have a laptop pc with Win 7 and IE 8 that Netflix works on. Thx for help!

#2 User is offline   ElfBane 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:58 AM

View Posttregg, on 15 December 2011 - 06:11 AM, said:

I can't watch movies on netflix. PC with Vista updated. I keep getting the error message 8010 saying in private browsing is preventing Silverlight from working. Turn off in private browsing, delete Silverlight and reinstall it. Not suprisingly this doesn't work. I've tried many times following all the instructions for each step. I've contacted Netflix but they have been unable to solve this. They sent me emails with the link to Microsoft download page (which I don't need anyway) simple enough to find- and their emails are scrambled/unreadable. The latest is that on the silverlight help page it says Silverlight won't run properly under a 64 bit OS. This is nonsense because until the last couple months I've had no problem watching Netflix and I've had the 64 bit OS for a couple years. Is there a way to toggle back to the 32 bit version? What has changed is that I updated recently to IE9. How do I go back to IE8? I also have a laptop pc with Win 7 and IE 8 that Netflix works on. Thx for help!

Here's how you roll back to IE8... http://windows.micro...rnet-explorer-9 .

Here's a thread on reverting to x32... http://www.vistahead...-back-32-a.html .

I believe that reverting back to x32 means a clean install, so you will lose your data and have to re-install apps.

Good luck!

#3 User is offline   Loki1971 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

I had this problem in multiple browsers and discovered the problem was within *Silverlight*. Go to the start menu and open Microsoft Silverlight. Click the far right tab named "Application Storage". Make sure the "Enable application storage" button at the bottom is checked.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users