PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: Static On Cordless Phone With Splitter/filter, Fine Without - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Static On Cordless Phone With Splitter/filter, Fine Without

#1 User is offline   mrsdutchy 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:17 PM

Hi, Thank goodness I found this forum :) I hope someone can help me please. I had to buy a new cordless phone today as our old one got 'blown up' in the thunderstorm we had yesterday. I bought a Uniden DECT 3035 and plugged it in using the same splitter/filter I had on before. With the splitter there is heaps of static on the line, without the splitter the line is clear, no probs, without the splitter tho, we have no internet connection. Does this mean that the splitter was affected by the lightening and is stuffed too? Do I need to get a new one?
Hope someone can help.
Cheers
Tracey :)

This post has been edited by mrsdutchy: 20 January 2012 - 08:18 PM

#2 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

It's possible that the splitter got damaged by the lightning. That would certainly be the cheapest thing to try replacing.
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#3 User is offline   mrsdutchy 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:42 AM

View PostLiveBrianD, on 20 January 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

It's possible that the splitter got damaged by the lightning. That would certainly be the cheapest thing to try replacing.

Thank you for that, I'll get another one and see how that goes :)
Cheers
Tracey

#4 User is offline   LincolnSpector 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:20 AM

Hi, Tracey, and welcome to the forum. I'm glad Brian's answer helped you. If the lightning's power surge went through the splitter and damaged your phone, I would strongly suspect that it damaged the splitter, as well.

I assume the modem survived?

Lincoln

#5 User is offline   snorg 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:59 AM

Get a surge protector in the line before the splitter before
the next litening strike.
Asus Vento Mini Tower Case....Asus M5A87 MOBO.....AMD Phenom II X6 1100T ( 3.3 OCed to 4.1GHz )....Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo....Three Seagate Barracuda 1TB SATA III....Seagate Barracuda 3TB SATA III....8GB Corsair Vengeance Blue 2X4GB DDR3-1600 RAM....450W PSU....ASUS GeForce GTX 650 Direct Cu 1058MHZ 1GB 5.0GHZ GDDR5 2xDVI HDMI D-Sub HDCP PCI-E DX11 Video Card....Diamond Xtreme 5.1 sound card....LG 24X SATA DVD burner....27" LED Monitor & 26" CRT TV.....custom pressurized air cooling system.... WindowsXP Home SP3 32bit
Posted Image

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users