Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Itunes Music disappears from itunes

#1 User is offline   Bronagh 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

I was reading a forum on this on this site, but it seems to have ended so I'm starting it again. I have a problem with all my music (28 gigs of it) disappearing from my itunes account It is still on my hard drive and according to my itunes it is pointing to the correct folder on my hard drive, but still maybe every second or third time I go into itunes on my computer, my music has disappeared. Each time I go to "Add folder to library" and allow the music to upload again, but this is quite a pain, having to do it every second or third time (I don't open itunes on my pc very often as I have an ipod touch and mostly purchase new music through itunes on it). I was in touch with Apple about it at one point but they said they had never heard of this happening and had no solution.

I know others have had this problem, but any solutions?

Thanks

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

View PostBronagh, on 31 March 2012 - 11:55 AM, said:

I was reading a forum on this on this site, but it seems to have ended so I'm starting it again. I have a problem with all my music (28 gigs of it) disappearing from my itunes account It is still on my hard drive and according to my itunes it is pointing to the correct folder on my hard drive, but still maybe every second or third time I go into itunes on my computer, my music has disappeared. Each time I go to "Add folder to library" and allow the music to upload again, but this is quite a pain, having to do it every second or third time (I don't open itunes on my pc very often as I have an ipod touch and mostly purchase new music through itunes on it). I was in touch with Apple about it at one point but they said they had never heard of this happening and had no solution.

I know others have had this problem, but any solutions?

Thanks

Almost sounds like maybe the iTunes database/library is getting corrupted or maybe deleted (iTunes does not actually store any music or videos in the program or its database/library...the database/library is basically just a "pointer" file to where the actual music or video file is located on your hard drive(s)).

You might try recreating the iTunes database/library file from scratch. The following link talks about how to open an alternative library or create a new library. You could try creating a new library.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1589
Good riddance PCWorld.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users