PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: "convert To Adobe Pdf" With Ie 9 And Acrobat 9 Standard - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"convert To Adobe Pdf" With Ie 9 And Acrobat 9 Standard

#1 User is offline   rlee711 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

Hello,
For a time, I had no problems using the "Convert to Adobe PDF" function in IE 9. A few weeks ago, I started receiving an error message, and I am no longer able to "Convert to Adobe PDF." I have tried to "Convert to Adobe PDF" in IE 9 - 64-bit and 32-bit, but neither work.

My OS is Windows 7. My IE is version 9.0.8112.16421. My Adobe Acrobat is Standard 9.

I have posted in Adobe and IE forums as well. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Acrobat several times. I have tried to "Convert to PDF" with Acrobat Standard 9.5.1, 9.5.0, 9.2.0, and 9.0.0. I have also tried to download different versions of IE, but the previous versions don't seem to be compatible with Windows 7.

In IE 9, when I right-click and choose "Convert to Adobe PDF," I receive the following error message:
An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line: 11.
Char: 3.
Error: Permission denied.
Code: 0.
URL: res://C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? YES OR NO

Thank you so much for your help!

#2 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

View Postrlee711, on 21 April 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

Hello,
For a time, I had no problems using the "Convert to Adobe PDF" function in IE 9. A few weeks ago, I started receiving an error message, and I am no longer able to "Convert to Adobe PDF." I have tried to "Convert to Adobe PDF" in IE 9 - 64-bit and 32-bit, but neither work.

My OS is Windows 7. My IE is version 9.0.8112.16421. My Adobe Acrobat is Standard 9.

I have posted in Adobe and IE forums as well. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Acrobat several times. I have tried to "Convert to PDF" with Acrobat Standard 9.5.1, 9.5.0, 9.2.0, and 9.0.0. I have also tried to download different versions of IE, but the previous versions don't seem to be compatible with Windows 7.

In IE 9, when I right-click and choose "Convert to Adobe PDF," I receive the following error message:
An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line: 11.
Char: 3.
Error: Permission denied.
Code: 0.
URL: res://C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page? YES OR NO

Thank you so much for your help!

What IE addons do you have running?
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#3 User is offline   rlee711 

• Pip

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

I am running the following IE Add-ons:
Microsoft Office Document Cache Handler
Sun Microsystems Java Plug-In SSV Helper

I have other Add-ons listed, but they are disabled.

Thank you so much for your help.

#4 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

View Postrlee711, on 21 April 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

I am running the following IE Add-ons:
Microsoft Office Document Cache Handler
Sun Microsystems Java Plug-In SSV Helper

I have other Add-ons listed, but they are disabled.

Thank you so much for your help.

Is there one like adobe PDF?
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein

#5 User is offline   rlee711 

• Pip

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

No, there is no Adobe add-on. Thank you.

#6 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

Try resetting IE: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Spoiler

#7 User is offline   rlee711 

• Pip

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

Thank you. I reset IE per your suggestion. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat. I am still getting the same error.

Someone replied to my post in an Adobe forum, and told me that IE 9 is not supported by Acrobat 9.
http://www.adobe.com...tech-specs.html

Therefore, my question is now whether or not it is possible to use the "Convert to Adobe PDF" function to convert a webpage to PDF file on my system. I have Windows 7 64-bit. Is there any combination of an internet browser (IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox) and Acrobat 9 Standard that will allow me to use "Convert to Adobe PDF"? Must I spend $200 and upgrade to Acrobat 10?

#8 User is offline   Evildave 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

Googling the problem yielded up a series of sites like this one: http://pdfcrowd.com/

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...web+site+to+pdf

#9 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

View Postrlee711, on 21 April 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

Thank you. I reset IE per your suggestion. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat. I am still getting the same error.

Someone replied to my post in an Adobe forum, and told me that IE 9 is not supported by Acrobat 9.

Therefore, my question is now whether or not it is possible to use the "Convert to Adobe PDF" function to convert a webpage to PDF file on my system. I have Windows 7 64-bit. Is there any combination of an internet browser (IE, Chrome, Safari, Firefox) and Acrobat 9 Standard that will allow me to use "Convert to Adobe PDF"? Must I spend $200 and upgrade to Acrobat 10?

I have another idea here - if you go to the print dialog in IE, is 'Adobe PDF' listed? If not, use something like PrimoPDF for that.
Spoiler

#10 User is offline   nonseq 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

View Postrlee711, on 21 April 2012 - 10:39 PM, said:

I use ScanSoft or PDF Creator and in the print dialog box select either of them as my printer. Then just select a place to save the file and they do the rest. They create .pdf files without jumping through hoops/

#11 User is offline   rlee711 

• Pip

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Thank you. I will download PDF Creator. To clarify, does PDF Creator allow a user to convert a webpage to a PDF file?

#12 User is offline   rlee711 

• Pip

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

Wow, at first glance PDF Creator might be the answer to my troubles! Thank you very much for your help!!

#13 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:36 PM

It can convert anything that you can print to a PDF file (including a webpage).
Spoiler

#14 User is offline   rlee711 

• Pip

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

Thank you so much, Brian and "Nonseq"!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users