For reference- http://www.amazon.co...1/dp/B002XISW02
I had hooked one up to the mac and as I was holding the tuner in my left hand and the coax cable (university run cabletv) in my right and the moment had touched the cable, I noticed some mild electrical current running through my left thumb. Once I let go of either the cable or the eyetv, it stopped. I only felt it coming from the eyetv. I pulled 3 other tuners at random, they all did the same thing! So I suspect there's some power leakage from the USB.
I don't think this is normal after being zapped twice by 30,000µF camera flash capacitors (the warning labels are there for a reason my friends) So I have a bit of hands-on experience with a bit of voltage/current flowing through both hands/arms (thank goodness not my heart) I am planning on bringing the voltmeter with me so I can test how much current is coming from the eyetv's, and I'll update on that sometime Monday.
I have called Elgato once I realized what was happening. The tech had never heard of this happening and assured me that the senior techs were going to look into this right away!
This post has been edited by crazy4laptops: 27 April 2012 - 09:16 PM