What Makes A Good Password?
Posted 30 April 2012 - 04:44 PM
Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:08 PM
- needs to contain a minimum of 8-12 characters
- needs to contain at least one lowercase letter
- NEEDS TO CONTAIN AT LEAST ONE UPPERCASE LETTER
- needs to contain at least 1 digit
- needs to contain at least one $pecial character
- should NOT be found in any dictionary, including alternative mispellings (misspelled on purpose) and other to 133t w4y$ t0 typ3 1t
"P@ssw0rd" is a bad password.
Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:31 PM
For instance, "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy."
Got a quote? A misquote? A lyric (the above was from Dr. Rock)? Super easy to remember, very hard to crack.
Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:33 AM
Posted 01 May 2012 - 11:47 AM
Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:01 AM
My sentiments exactly. Even though I think I'm important I can assure everyone that there aren't many people in this world who would be interested in my e-mails, my little bank account,the photos and documents on my computer. Basically nobody cares about me. Now if I were Donald Trump well......
Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:53 AM
Oh, every little bank account adds up. $1000 here, $200 there, it all adds up. Ask the 'Nigerians'.
When talking about the common security issues, botnets and bot infections and phishing scams and the like aren't about stealing a million dollars from one person, but a little bit of money from a million people, credit card numbers, that sort of thing. When it's all automated, one 'big hack' is worth far less than hundreds of thousands of little profits.