Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Androd 4 Tablet Hdmi Output Problem no hdmi output

#1 User is offline   overcount 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 30 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

I have a 10.1" 'fj_vortex' 1gb tablet, running Android 4.0.3, Kernel 3.0.8, with a 32gb SD card installed.
The tablet has a mini hdmi output port installed.
I bought a hdmi cable- standard hdmi plug to hdmi © plug, to connect the tablet to my Techwood HD Digital 32" LCD TV. (single hdmi input socket at back of TV set)
I can't get any hdmi output from the tablet to the TV, despite checking that the TV is set at hdmi source, and 1080, plus that the hdmi cable is securely plugged in at both the TV and the tablet.
Do I need to download a special App to send the hdmi signal to the TV, or do I need to change the settings for having hdmi output on the tablet? Or do I have the wrong hdmi connecting cable?
I'm stumped!
Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
Dave Grieve, Dumfries, Scotland.

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

View Postovercount, on 30 October 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

I have a 10.1" 'fj_vortex' 1gb tablet, running Android 4.0.3, Kernel 3.0.8, with a 32gb SD card installed.
The tablet has a mini hdmi output port installed.
I bought a hdmi cable- standard hdmi plug to hdmi © plug, to connect the tablet to my Techwood HD Digital 32" LCD TV. (single hdmi input socket at back of TV set)
I can't get any hdmi output from the tablet to the TV, despite checking that the TV is set at hdmi source, and 1080, plus that the hdmi cable is securely plugged in at both the TV and the tablet.
Do I need to download a special App to send the hdmi signal to the TV, or do I need to change the settings for having hdmi output on the tablet? Or do I have the wrong hdmi connecting cable?
I'm stumped!
Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.
Dave Grieve, Dumfries, Scotland.

From what I recall when I messed with my Android using Evo phone (since "retired" cause it died), it will depend on WHAT you are trying to "put" on the TV.

Are you trying to mirror the screen for everything?

Or just play a movie or display a picture?
Good riddance PCWorld.

#3 User is offline   overcount 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:43 AM

Thanks for responding.
The main thing I want to connect the tablet to the TV via hdmi is, for streaming content from the You-Tube App, and perhaps if I get it to work, stream films/ videos from 'Netflix" or similar.
A friend who has a similar generic Android 4 tablet, with identical specs, is able to mirror everything that appears on the tablet's screen, to his TV, via the micro hdmi output socket.
I'm starting to wonder if the hdmi connecting cable I'm using (brand new) is the correct type.
It's a "Vivanco" 1.5m, 3D/4K/1080p+ full HDTV hdmi high speed- connectors are standard hdmi plug <-> hdmi C plug.
Although the mini hdmi C plug fits into the output socket on the tablet perfectly, could it be that it actually only will work with a hdmi micro D plug? Or won't it make any difference?
Thnx for your help.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users