Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Batch Editing Batch editing hundres of pictures

#1 User is offline   livit 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

Hi there, I hope someone can help me out.

I have about 2000 images, which I need to add the exact same change to. All of these images have the same background and text in the top left corner, so what I'm interested in doing, is to replace this corner with a new one I've made (text is a bit different) So I need some kind of way of performing the following:

Open picture x and replace the first X width and X heigh pixel with the following image.

Do any of you know any piece of software that can do this?

BR

#2 User is offline   Szczecinianin 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

Hi and welcome to the forums!

If I'm getting this right you want to replace a part of an image with another image. As far as batch editing is concerned I'm afraid no app can do it. At least I don't know such one. You must do it one-by-one and use layers. The closest you can get is to use e.g. Irfan View freeware and apply, batch, a text to your images . The text may have a background so it will look like an image. But for this you need original, unaltered images (without this corner bit).   

This post has been edited by Szczecinianin: 17 November 2012 - 03:44 AM

#3 User is offline   doroty74 

• PipPip

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

View Postlivit, on 02 November 2012 - 02:22 PM, said:

Hi there, I hope someone can help me out.

I have about 2000 images, which I need to add the exact same change to. All of these images have the same background and text in the top left corner, so what I'm interested in doing, is to replace this corner with a new one I've made (text is a bit different) So I need some kind of way of performing the following:

Open picture x and replace the first X width and X heigh pixel with the following image.

Do any of you know any piece of software that can do this?

BR

For instance let's say that the area containg the text in your top left corner is 10 pixels tall and 30 pixels wide,
you need a 10 pixels from top or 30 pixels from left cropping, depends on you.
What you want to do is a cropping operation.
I had the same problem with the red data/time text timestamps on many pics that had to go into publishing.
Been searching a lot.
the best way i found is a little app, the only one of a kind i could find.
It's called Photo Cropper (by MoonValleySoft) relatively easy,
works ok but you'd better try the demo first.

This post has been edited by doroty74: 23 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

#4 User is offline   Szczecinianin 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

View Postdoroty74, on 23 November 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

For instance let's say that the area containg the text in your top left corner is 10 pixels tall and 30 pixels wide,
you need a 10 pixels from top or 30 pixels from left cropping, depends on you.
What you want to do is a cropping operation.
I had the same problem with the red data/time text timestamps on many pics that had to go into publishing.
Been searching a lot.
the best way i found is a little app, the only one of a kind i could find.
It's called Photo Cropper (by MoonValleySoft) relatively easy,
works ok but you'd better try the demo first.

You're not quite right. Yes, he wants to get rid of the old corner but wants to have the new one that he's made in this place. And if the background is anything more that just a color batch is out of the question.  At least for the time being as it shouldn't be a problem to add, say, the background image option  

This post has been edited by Szczecinianin: 24 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

#5 User is offline   doroty74 

• PipPip

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:21 PM

i understand what you say, but the fact is that there is text on that corner, you cannot overlap a text with another one and to hope that the overlaying one will completely cover it.
that's why, in my modest opinion, a cropping is necessary.
then, sure, there can be other solutions, but that is the solution i would apply and therefore i have suggested.
I cannot even recommend to use a watermark remover because it usually does not work or the result is quite far from being commercially acceptable, from a pretty qualitative point of view.
just my two cents.

#6 User is offline   smax013 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:11 PM

View Postdoroty74, on 24 November 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

i understand what you say, but the fact is that there is text on that corner, you cannot overlap a text with another one and to hope that the overlaying one will completely cover it.
that's why, in my modest opinion, a cropping is necessary.
then, sure, there can be other solutions, but that is the solution i would apply and therefore i have suggested.
I cannot even recommend to use a watermark remover because it usually does not work or the result is quite far from being commercially acceptable, from a pretty qualitative point of view.
just my two cents.

It seems like the original poster has replacement image for the corner of the 2000 images. The same replacement image will replace the background AND the text in corner the original image. So, it is not just "overlaying" new text with a transparent background...but rather a whole new background with text. Basically takes the X pixels wide by Y pixels high corner of an image and replacing it with a new X pixel wide by Y pixel high image.

I have never played with Photoshop's batch functions, so I don't know it can do what the OP wants...but maybe it can.
Good riddance PCWorld.

#7 User is offline   doroty74 

• PipPip

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

i see my mistake,
then it's a pasting batch task, quite complicated but you should be able to do it with the watermark function

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users