• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unused Ram

#21 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

Fyi, disk management can be accessed by typing diskmgmt.msc in the start menu or run prompt.
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#22 User is offline   Flashorn 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

Hey BearPup !

Glad to see you have sorted out your problem.

I knew this software was good for something.

BTW, it worked fine on my 64 bit W7 OS.

FLASHORN.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Eurocom Scorpius: 3840QM-2.8 GHz-Ivy Bridge ; ATI 7970M Crossfire ; Intel SSD 520 series 480GB ; Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB,7200RPM ; 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 9 9 9 24 ; Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 ; THX True Studio Pro.

Patience is Life.

#23 User is offline   BearPup 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

To LiveBrianD & Waldojim,
I'm pleased to be writing this under my new 64 Bit OS. I needed to replace my system hard drive (boot drive with Windows) as my second MBR was unwriteable; so as long as I had a clean formatted drive to put in place I thought I'd test out whether or not the product key I got with my 32 Bit OS computer would unlock a 64 Bit OS. The answer is YES! Thank you very much.

I downloaded and burned the .iso file for Windows Home Premium 64 Bit version from LiveBrianD's site, popped it in my DVD DRW unit, and it started right up. I chose the Custom (full) Install and in less than half an hour I had a fresh install of Win 7 Service Pack 1. It accepted my product key without missing a beat. I subsequently went to Control Panel, opened the System app and there in the description it showed it as having the 64 Bit OS, and all 4 Gb of my RAM are now used! To 'celebrate' I've purchased another 4 Gbs of RAM, of which I'll use 1 Gb for a RAMDrive Swap File, leaving 7 Gbs of main system RAM. Can't do much better than that.

Again, my thanks for the help and downloads.
BearPup

#24 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

Cool! (though I thought the answer to everything was 42)
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#25 User is offline   waldojim 

• Elite

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

Sounds like a plan!
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -- Isaac Asimov

Steam Machine: MSI 970A-G46, AMD Phenom 955 @ 4.0Ghz, 8GB Gskill ram @1600mhz, 128GB Plextor M5s, EVGA GTX 550Ti
Laptop: Alienware 14, Intel i7-4700MQ, 8GB DDR3 ram, Nvidia GTX 765M 4GB DDR5, Plextor M3 256GB SSD, 1080P IPS display, Killer GigE, Killer 1202 wifi
Hackintosh: Gigabyte H61m-HD2, Celeron G1610, 4GB Patriot ram @1333Mhz, Asus GT210, WD 1TB Black, Silverstone ES50 500watt PSU, OS-X Mountain Liion

#26 User is offline   BearPup 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:12 PM

LiveBrianD - The Answer is 42!

FLASHORN - Thanks for the RAMDisk software, its happily running my swap file @ .01 ms avg. seek time!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users