• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Side By Side Photo Comparison

#1 User is offline   davidc95 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

Hi,

I have recently batch edited 500 photos in Photoshop and saved the output to a folder called 'Edited'. The issue is, however, that upon viewing them I realized some of the batch edits turned out quite poor. So I was wondering is if there is a software application available that can allow me to compare the original 500 images against their respectively batch edited duplicates stored in the 'Edited' folder. Essentially, I need a software program that can display two images from two separate folders side-by-side, and transit through to the next comparative-set with just one click/press.

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

View Postdavidc95, on 24 November 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

Hi,

I have recently batch edited 500 photos in Photoshop and saved the output to a folder called 'Edited'. The issue is, however, that upon viewing them I realized some of the batch edits turned out quite poor. So I was wondering is if there is a software application available that can allow me to compare the original 500 images against their respectively batch edited duplicates stored in the 'Edited' folder. Essentially, I need a software program that can display two images from two separate folders side-by-side, and transit through to the next comparative-set with just one click/press.

There are plenty of programs that will allow side by side comparison, but I am not aware of any that will allow you to go to the next pair to compare with just one click. You basically manually have to do it. It is possible that you might be able to find a way to get a specific program to come close to this by setting up how your photos are tagged/stored/imported in a specific way...but if so, that would be a highly specific solution to a specific program.

For example, in Aperture (a Mac only program that I use), you can highlight two photos at the same time and it will display those two photos side by side. It is not necessarily a "one click" operation, but it will be pretty close. You can do a similar thing in Adobe Bridge (on a Mac or Windows computer).
Good riddance PCWorld.

#3 User is offline   doroty74 

• PipPip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

sorry for the silly question, but once you compared them? what are you going to achieve by a simple comparison? they will keep being low quality.
If you allow me to advise you, you should check what happened in the batch editing and correct it.
But that's why i never use photoshop for batch tasks. Not to brag about it, but this statement comes from a graphic artist.

This post has been edited by doroty74: 30 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users