Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Using Win8 And Ie 10

#1 User is offline   swordspillow 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

Got Win8 2 days ago and got onto IE and clicked on a link to a site and it gave me a error in the middle of the screen which it has never done before. So i'm like alright, hit cancel-close and clicked on another link to some other site and got the same damn thing. After like 4 tries I get a white page with the options in red on the left side of the screen. Now after dickin with this stuff for 5-10 mins I really just wanted to punch a hole in the wall... So just goofing around with setting and stuff not knowing what does what I tried "InPrivate" option and it seems to clear the error popup but at the same time delete's the browser history cause well all love just having to put the same username and password every time we open IE or some other browser just to reply to some comment. If I go to 10-15 sites I don't want to have to put all these different usernames~ everytime I restart the browser or restart the pc. Firefox is fine, just some things i'd like to do on IE and some on Firefox.

#2 User is offline   compnovo 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

View Postswordspillow, on 26 November 2012 - 06:24 AM, said:

Got Win8 2 days ago and got onto IE and clicked on a link to a site and it gave me a error in the middle of the screen which it has never done before. So i'm like alright, hit cancel-close and clicked on another link to some other site and got the same damn thing. After like 4 tries I get a white page with the options in red on the left side of the screen. Now after dickin with this stuff for 5-10 mins I really just wanted to punch a hole in the wall... So just goofing around with setting and stuff not knowing what does what I tried "InPrivate" option and it seems to clear the error popup but at the same time delete's the browser history cause well all love just having to put the same username and password every time we open IE or some other browser just to reply to some comment. If I go to 10-15 sites I don't want to have to put all these different usernames~ everytime I restart the browser or restart the pc. Firefox is fine, just some things i'd like to do on IE and some on Firefox.

It sounds like you may have to clear the cache. Have you tried resetting IE? (Click Gear/Internet options/Advanced tab/Reset...)
Core i7 4771 - Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 - 250GB Samsung 840 SSD - 2TB Toshiba HDD - PNY GTX760 - 16GB G.Skill Ares 1333 - Corsair Carbide 200R - Corsair 600w - Win8.1 Pro 64-bit

#3 User is offline   swordspillow 

• Pip

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

would hitting reset remove the links from the favorites bar cause if it does then i'm probably not going to hit that.

#4 User is offline   swordspillow 

• Pip

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

it worked thanks.

#5 User is offline   compnovo 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

View Postswordspillow, on 26 November 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

it worked thanks.

Cool :D
Core i7 4771 - Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 - 250GB Samsung 840 SSD - 2TB Toshiba HDD - PNY GTX760 - 16GB G.Skill Ares 1333 - Corsair Carbide 200R - Corsair 600w - Win8.1 Pro 64-bit

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users