• You cannot reply to this topic

Adobe Photoshop Help

#1 User is offline   tru006 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:44 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to photoshop a picture to another image. I am trying to get the picture to blend in to the image. However every time I try to erase some of the picture from the image. It keeps on erasing with the color white. What do I need to select to erase so it can be the original image?

#2 User is offline   doroty74 

• PipPip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

View Posttru006, on 29 November 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

Hello,

I'm trying to photoshop a picture to another image. I am trying to get the picture to blend in to the image. However every time I try to erase some of the picture from the image. It keeps on erasing with the color white. What do I need to select to erase so it can be the original image?

create a new picture, empty,
you will notice that has a layer called background, delete it
now add 2 new empty layers.

Select the first layer and copy/paste the pic that you want to be the background of the new image, that will be overlapped by the second pic.
Now select the second layer and add the second picture into it
Now, to erase part of the second picture, select the eraser tool, select the second layer, then start erasing.
when you are done, save as, either as is or after merging the visible layers.

This post has been edited by doroty74: 30 November 2012 - 01:56 PM

#3 User is offline   tru006 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:44 AM

View Postdoroty74, on 30 November 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

View Posttru006, on 29 November 2012 - 07:44 PM, said:

Hello,

create a new picture, empty,
you will notice that has a layer called background, delete it
now add 2 new empty layers.

Select the first layer and copy/paste the pic that you want to be the background of the new image, that will be overlapped by the second pic.
Now select the second layer and add the second picture into it
Now, to erase part of the second picture, select the eraser tool, select the second layer, then start erasing.
when you are done, save as, either as is or after merging the visible layers.

Thanks for your help. But I'm still having some issues. I pasted a part of the other picture on the picture I want to photoshop. However I am still unable to erase some of the edges of the picture I'm adding. Every time I try to erase it is using the color white. I want to the picture I'm adding to the photo to have the natural look.

#4 User is offline   doroty74 

• PipPip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:41 PM

i would go one step at time, natural look has to be achieved later.
If you use a pencil to erase, you won't actually erase but you are drawing on the picture.
You should be able to see the eraser tool, either by its icon (an eraser) or by its tooltip (eraser).
I use Photoshop 7, i tried the elements and CS version but to me the 7 is better, anyway the erase can be found in any version.
If you want to get a good degree of precision you have to work in zoom mode and with an eraser whose size is 1 pixel.
In this way, remember to select the right layer (the selected layer is the one you are erasing) and you should be able to work it out, but i still recommend to use the lasso tool.
After you got the edges done, let us know, since giving it a natural look means you have to play with its properties, so that the light/color values match the container image.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users