Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help Me Please

#1 User is offline   daro144 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

Hi, I'm not very good when it comes to laptops/computers in depth. Can someone help me pick out a laptop to get. I need one with a good graphics card. I am looking to spend between £300 and £400, or cheaper if possible. It needs to be able to run the online game World of Warcraft smoothly on atleast medium settings. I have had previous laptops that played wow but it wasnt very enjoyable as it lagged alot and could only run on low settings. The main thing is that it MUSt be able to run wow smoothly.

Hit me with a few suggestions please, thanks!

#2 User is offline   waldojim 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

On that budget... not going to happen.

The y580 is what I would normally recommend for an inexpensive machine. But that is a bit overpriced on that side of the pond, at a little over 850.
The next best solution would be the Lenovo Z585 @ 450, but truth is, that won't do what you are asking.

The Asus X53z hits your budget, but I don't for a second think it will do what you are asking.

Either the standards need lowered, or the available funds increased. Sorry, but that is just how it is....

The AMD A series APU's (such as the Z585 and X53 above) are a decent step up from basic integrated graphics, but not really meant to game on. They will handle low quality gaming at best.Don't expect anything more than that.... The Y580 uses a very powerful gamers card, and is generally the cheapest gaming laptop I recommend to people.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -- Isaac Asimov

Steam Machine: MSI 970A-G46, AMD Phenom 955 @ 4.0Ghz, 8GB Gskill ram @1600mhz, 128GB Plextor M5s, EVGA GTX 550Ti
Laptop: Alienware 14, Intel i7-4700MQ, 8GB DDR3 ram, Nvidia GTX 765M 4GB DDR5, Plextor M3 256GB SSD, 1080P IPS display, Killer GigE, Killer 1202 wifi
Hackintosh: Gigabyte H61m-HD2, Celeron G1610, 4GB Patriot ram @1333Mhz, Asus GT210, WD 1TB Black, Silverstone ES50 500watt PSU, OS-X Mountain Liion

#3 User is offline   daro144 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

Thanks for your reply. I could probably manage with low to medium settings and push for £400 budget..

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users