PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: Open Files In Same Place As When I Last Visited The 'open' Window - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Open Files In Same Place As When I Last Visited The 'open' Window

#1 User is offline   gregmcp123 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

Okay, so I'm working in Photoshop or Word or anything and I'm working with a file called 'Widget123' and I have to back and open 'Widget345', but when I go back to open the new file, the list is presented in alphabetical order starting at the 'A's'. How do I change it so when I go back to open a new file it automatically goes to the 'W's' instead of the 'A's'??

#2 User is offline   LincolnSpector 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

View Postgregmcp123, on 18 December 2012 - 06:28 AM, said:

Okay, so I'm working in Photoshop or Word or anything and I'm working with a file called 'Widget123' and I have to back and open 'Widget345', but when I go back to open the new file, the list is presented in alphabetical order starting at the 'A's'. How do I change it so when I go back to open a new file it automatically goes to the 'W's' instead of the 'A's'??

Hi, Greg, and welcome to the forums.

Two things you can do:

1) Sort by date, rather than name. This will list the files most recently altered first. Or...

2) When they're sorted by name and you're in the A's, type w and Windows Explorer will go directly to the Ws.

Lincoln

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users