PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: Looking For A Cable - PCWorld Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Looking For A Cable

#1 User is offline   zyrrahXD 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 104
  • Joined: 28-August 09
  • Location:Cavite, Philippines

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

Hi guys

this is the hdd of my old desktop, http://www.geeks.com...nvtid=HD200HJ-R
my desktop is not running anymore, however, i do still want to use this for personal purposes.
what exactly cable should I buy? link please.
I prefer that the other end of the cable should be USB

thanks.
0

#2 User is offline   compnovo 

  • Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,227
  • Joined: 18-October 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:07 AM

View PostzyrrahXD, on 19 December 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

Hi guys

this is the hdd of my old desktop, http://www.geeks.com...nvtid=HD200HJ-R
my desktop is not running anymore, however, i do still want to use this for personal purposes.
what exactly cable should I buy? link please.
I prefer that the other end of the cable should be USB

thanks.

I've got a couple of these and they work great....
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817182155

Is that what you had in mind?
Core i7 4771 - Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 - 250GB Samsung 840 SSD - 2TB Toshiba HDD - PNY GTX760 - 16GB G.Skill Ares 1333 - Corsair Carbide 200R - Corsair 600w - Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
0

#3 User is offline   zyrrahXD 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 104
  • Joined: 28-August 09
  • Location:Cavite, Philippines

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:55 PM

View Postcompnovo, on 19 December 2012 - 06:07 AM, said:

View PostzyrrahXD, on 19 December 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

Hi guys

this is the hdd of my old desktop, http://www.geeks.com...nvtid=HD200HJ-R
my desktop is not running anymore, however, i do still want to use this for personal purposes.
what exactly cable should I buy? link please.
I prefer that the other end of the cable should be USB

thanks.

I've got a couple of these and they work great....
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817182155

Is that what you had in mind?


Thanks for the reply.

Nope. Just a cable. A cable that will connect my hdd to my computer. This cable should have a USB on other side.
0

#4 User is offline   compnovo 

  • Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,227
  • Joined: 18-October 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:34 PM

View PostzyrrahXD, on 20 December 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

View Postcompnovo, on 19 December 2012 - 06:07 AM, said:

View PostzyrrahXD, on 19 December 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

Hi guys

this is the hdd of my old desktop, http://www.geeks.com...nvtid=HD200HJ-R
my desktop is not running anymore, however, i do still want to use this for personal purposes.
what exactly cable should I buy? link please.
I prefer that the other end of the cable should be USB

thanks.

I've got a couple of these and they work great....
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817182155

Is that what you had in mind?

Thanks for the reply.

Nope. Just a cable. A cable that will connect my hdd to my computer. This cable should have a USB on other side.

Like this?
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16812123312
Core i7 4771 - Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 - 250GB Samsung 840 SSD - 2TB Toshiba HDD - PNY GTX760 - 16GB G.Skill Ares 1333 - Corsair Carbide 200R - Corsair 600w - Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
0

#5 User is offline   zyrrahXD 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 104
  • Joined: 28-August 09
  • Location:Cavite, Philippines

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:23 AM

View Postcompnovo, on 20 December 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

View PostzyrrahXD, on 20 December 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

View Postcompnovo, on 19 December 2012 - 06:07 AM, said:

View PostzyrrahXD, on 19 December 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

Hi guys

this is the hdd of my old desktop, http://www.geeks.com...nvtid=HD200HJ-R
my desktop is not running anymore, however, i do still want to use this for personal purposes.
what exactly cable should I buy? link please.
I prefer that the other end of the cable should be USB

thanks.

I've got a couple of these and they work great....
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817182155

Is that what you had in mind?

Thanks for the reply.

Nope. Just a cable. A cable that will connect my hdd to my computer. This cable should have a USB on other side.

Like this?
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16812123312


I think this is it. I'll try one.
Thanks.
0

#6 User is offline   FascistNation 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 376
  • Joined: 05-August 08
  • Location:Under Cheney's Bunker

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

You want an external enclosure to plug your old desktop's SATA drive into and to plug it into a USB2 port.
Freedom's the Answer!
What's the Question?
0

#7 User is offline   FascistNation 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 376
  • Joined: 05-August 08
  • Location:Under Cheney's Bunker

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

View Postcompnovo, on 20 December 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

Like this?http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812123312

No, that is for 2.5" drives, not 3.5" drives.
Freedom's the Answer!
What's the Question?
0

#8 User is offline   compnovo 

  • Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,227
  • Joined: 18-October 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

View PostFascistNation, on 23 December 2012 - 10:29 AM, said:

View Postcompnovo, on 20 December 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

Like this?http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812123312

No, that is for 2.5" drives, not 3.5" drives.

Good catch, that got by me.
Core i7 4771 - Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 - 250GB Samsung 840 SSD - 2TB Toshiba HDD - PNY GTX760 - 16GB G.Skill Ares 1333 - Corsair Carbide 200R - Corsair 600w - Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
0

#9 User is offline   smax013 

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 13,139
  • Joined: 28-January 07

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

View PostzyrrahXD, on 19 December 2012 - 05:49 AM, said:

Hi guys

this is the hdd of my old desktop, http://www.geeks.com...nvtid=HD200HJ-R
my desktop is not running anymore, however, i do still want to use this for personal purposes.
what exactly cable should I buy? link please.
I prefer that the other end of the cable should be USB

thanks.


http://eshop.macsale...Tech/U3NVSPATA/

The above will allow you to hook both desktop (i.e. 3.5") and laptop (i.e. 2.5") "bare" drives that are either SATA or IDE to a USB port.
Good riddance PCWorld.
0

#10 User is offline   compnovo 

  • Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,227
  • Joined: 18-October 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

Hey zyrrahXD, check this out:
http://promotions.ne...dex-_-E0-_-Save
Core i7 4771 - Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 - 250GB Samsung 840 SSD - 2TB Toshiba HDD - PNY GTX760 - 16GB G.Skill Ares 1333 - Corsair Carbide 200R - Corsair 600w - Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users