Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Router And 4g Compatibility And Range

#1 User is offline   Xacotich 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:54 AM

I was wondering about the range of a Router with 4G card because atm i'm paying around 50 euros for a 8 MB download and 1 MB for upload for my home router (without 4G), and I have a 4G card "Kanguru" inserted on my laptop and it gives around 10 MB, download and upload.

The question here is which router, compatible with 4G card, has a decent radius of internet range, I need know because i'm planning on buying a router with 4G card slot enabling all other PC/laptops to benefit from the 4G network. If all routers have the same range with 4G card have the same range, is it possible to tell me the exact or approximately the valor of that range?

Thanks in advance!

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

View PostXacotich, on 29 December 2012 - 05:54 AM, said:

I was wondering about the range of a Router with 4G card because atm i'm paying around 50 euros for a 8 MB download and 1 MB for upload for my home router (without 4G), and I have a 4G card "Kanguru" inserted on my laptop and it gives around 10 MB, download and upload.

The question here is which router, compatible with 4G card, has a decent radius of internet range, I need know because i'm planning on buying a router with 4G card slot enabling all other PC/laptops to benefit from the 4G network. If all routers have the same range with 4G card have the same range, is it possible to tell me the exact or approximately the valor of that range?

Thanks in advance!

I would assume it would have a typical WiFi range since such routers (that will work with mobile broadband cards or USB adapters) tend to have WiFi and the range could likely be extended by typical methods for WiFi. In addition, the router will likely have ethernet ports.

Here is the brand for mobile broadband routers that I have known about for awhile...this is a model that will work with either a mobile broadband card or a USB mobile broadband adapter:

http://www.cradlepoi...roadband-router

It has 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g/n WiFi, so it should have a typical WiFi network range. I would assume that any competitors would have similar WiFi.

The one thing to be careful about when considering the "switch" is data caps. I don't know how things are in Europe (you mentioned Euros), but here in the US mobile broadband tends to have WAY smaller data caps than wired broadband (whether cable, DSL, or FiOS).
Good riddance PCWorld.

#3 User is offline   nathancalouro 

• PipPip

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:19 AM

I am using Pepwave Surf on the go 3G/4G router with wi-fi as WAN. It is working perfect for me.

#4 User is offline   Xacotich 

• Pip

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

Thanks for the help, it was really helpfull ;D!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users