Must-have Accessories That Should Be In Your Laptop Bag
Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:18 AM
Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:00 AM
- An envelope with cash, usually about $100, for emergencies.
- A photocopy of my passport.
- Mentos, for when my ears need to pop on an airplane.
- HDMI cable, for plugging a laptop into a hotel TV.
- FedEx/UPS envelope with blank shipping label.
- Batteries,including a couple for my hearing aid.
- A binder clips, assorted sizes, for all sorts of uses.
Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:12 AM
Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:26 AM
Be sure to leave out the super handy all purpose tool that I had to give up at security because it was too early to find an opened place to mail it back home.
As to the bag: at a weak moment I bought a ridiculously expensive Longchamps bag. It has only 2 main compartments--the more compartments and dividers, the heavier the bag. It logged so many miles that the wheels disintegrated but the body survived intact and the company gladly replaced the wheels.
My laptop has to pass the 2 finger test: if I can't pick it up with 2 fingers, it's not really sufficiently portable. I stuff everything into the bag, seem to add more stuff every day and the zippers have survived the abuse.
Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:04 AM
children's scissors. TSA allows these and they might be the only way to open that tamper-proof blister pack you just purchased.
a multi-purpose tool without sharps. Swiss+Tech sells several versions. They aren't the best tools, but they get past TSA and I've done wonders in an emergency.
a tiny travel packet of duct tape. Emergency uses are too many to list.