Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mcafee Troubles Again McAfee Damages XP

#1 User is offline   BaltBullet1 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

McAfee is really damaging Windows XP again. Check out the link to see the latest McAfee screwups. This needs to be made public.

https://community.mc...art=60&tstart=0

#2 User is offline   mjd420nova 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

I've run the board on the problems with MacAfee and the various versions of WIN. Most of my and my clients problems stem from the updates, when they are being done and any bottlenecks will create faults when downloading and reboots go off to left field. Complete deletion and reloading often cures most trouble. The number of processes added by MacAfee can pose a few problems and can stall. Once installed as suite of programs, it does as good a job as any other and fewer false positives too.

#3 User is offline   BaltBullet1 

• Pip

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

View Postmjd420nova, on 07 January 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

I've run the board on the problems with MacAfee and the various versions of WIN. Most of my and my clients problems stem from the updates, when they are being done and any bottlenecks will create faults when downloading and reboots go off to left field. Complete deletion and reloading often cures most trouble. The number of processes added by MacAfee can pose a few problems and can stall. Once installed as suite of programs, it does as good a job as any other and fewer false positives too.

It seems that the latest version of Quickclean causes lots of registry problems.
https://community.mc...tart=0&tstart=0

#4 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

Honestly, I think dumping McAfee and replacing it with Avast Free or Microsoft Security Essentials (both of which I use) is a better option. McAfee and Norton are both known to be bloated pieces of crap.
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#5 User is offline   mjd420nova 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:41 AM

I think I've seen just about every AV program that a client can get and a few that were (secret). They all have a certain amount of bloat, and as noted, registry tweaks that can disable the machine. Careful reading and attentive installation can eliminate a lot of the unneccesary garbage. Tool bars have become a common example. Added options will add another process running in the background and with multiple tabs, things will stall and hesitate, especially when a site advisor is chosen.

#6 User is offline   davidwilsonc 

• PipPip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

According to my personnel view you should contact with virus removal service team of your antivirus. They give right suggestion of your problem.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users