Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Search Ab Virus?

#1 User is offline   Khaledjami 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

So recently I have been noticing that certain words on forums are being linkified into ads, and my homepage has been changes to some search ab garbage.

I have Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes but neither of them detect any virus?

What is going on.. and how do I get rid of this? :(
Please help!

This post has been edited by Khaledjami: 11 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

#2 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

I would suggest checking addons in your browsers, and the homepage. I will note though that I have a VM that I downloaded a bunch of fake AV programs and stuff into (on purpose), and even though I've repeatedly deleted the firefox profile there (and cleared the Extensions folder under Program Files\Firefox), the homepage keeps getting changed back. I'll have to try cleaning a clone of it just for the sake of trying it.
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#3 User is offline   Khaledjami 

• Pip

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Okay I think I found the culprit, some program called Zoomex, which I definitely did not install. Now I went to the control panel to remove it, and it went kinda crazy for a sec, and it appears to have removed it. However, how can I be sure that it is gone?

Edit: my browser has been redirected a couple times to some website JustPlug.it | Plugin Install WOT blocks it, but should I worry about this? I can't find Zoomex anymore... but is there a removal tool or something just in case?

This post has been edited by Khaledjami: 11 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

#4 User is offline   danieladdison 

• PipPip

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:47 PM

you can also try " McAfee Antivirus " for scanning the virus. You can also get help from the " McAfee Support " at any time for solving your problems.

#5 User is offline   nalin123 

• PipPip

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

I would suggest you to download eScan antivirus for your pc. This is so far the best antivirus for computers/laptop/mac/linux I ever used. It protects my android phone as well. So You should definitely try it out. :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users