PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: Happy Birthday To Me - PCWorld Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Happy Birthday To Me

#1 User is offline   compnovo 

  • Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,227
  • Joined: 18-October 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

My wife really understands my geek addiction and gave me a gift certificate for Newegg (how cool is that), so I bought myself a new monitor, a 27" Acer LED. She did all right in the deal, she inherited my 23" Acer. :lol:

I took a picture of it next to my tablet to give a sense of scale. The resolution is still 1920X1080, a benefit for my aging eyes. Batman: Arkum City rocks!

Attached File(s)


Core i7 4771 - Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 - 250GB Samsung 840 SSD - 2TB Toshiba HDD - PNY GTX760 - 16GB G.Skill Ares 1333 - Corsair Carbide 200R - Corsair 600w - Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
0

#2 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

  • Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 12,210
  • Joined: 31-December 09
  • Location:::1

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Cool! :) What model? (is it this? http://www.newegg.co...N82E16824009423)

Also, why didn't you keep the 23" for a dual-monitor setup? I've been running a dual-monitor setup for a few years now, and it's definitely useful at times (though less so with a 1080p screen as the main one) I may try putting the 210 in as a second card for the sake of trying to run 3 monitors (I have an old dell in the closet, and I can connect the HP with multiple inputs so the machine thinks it's multiple monitors). Now if only I could find the desk space to practically run such a setup... :lol:

By the way, I recently sold my 23" Acer to a friend (his monitor died), and he's been happy with it, so maybe I'm just too sensitive to little things...

This post has been edited by LiveBrianD: 12 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?
0

#3 User is offline   compnovo 

  • Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,227
  • Joined: 18-October 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Close, but I got the model without the speakers:
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16824009424
On sale with free shipping, of course. :lol:

If you could see how happy my wife is with her new monitor you'd understand why I gave it to her. :)

"By the way, I recently sold my 23" Acer to a friend (his monitor died), and he's been happy with it, so maybe I'm just too sensitive to little things..."

You think???? :lol:

Besides, I've always had poor color vision so my bar is lower than yours.

This post has been edited by compnovo: 12 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Core i7 4771 - Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 - 250GB Samsung 840 SSD - 2TB Toshiba HDD - PNY GTX760 - 16GB G.Skill Ares 1333 - Corsair Carbide 200R - Corsair 600w - Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
0

#4 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

  • Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 12,210
  • Joined: 31-December 09
  • Location:::1

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

What was she using before?

You know, I think those little imperfections in screens tend to be the kinds of things people don't usually notice, but once you see them, you can't unsee them. Heck, I just noticed a stuck pixel in the lower left of the HP (I think green and blue work, but not red - you don't see it when displaying black, but it's there if you look closely on white surfaces.), which I must've missed before. I'm not sending it in over that though (just hoping nothing else crops up).
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?
0

#5 User is offline   Rommel 

  • Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,233
  • Joined: 22-March 09

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

View Postcompnovo, on 12 January 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

My wife really understands my geek addiction and gave me a gift certificate for Newegg (how cool is that), so I bought myself a new monitor, a 27" Acer LED. She did all right in the deal, she inherited my 23" Acer. :lol:

I took a picture of it next to my tablet to give a sense of scale. The resolution is still 1920X1080, a benefit for my aging eyes. Batman: Arkum City rocks!


Very nice.
Happy birthday to you and that was really sweet and thoughtful of Mrs. Compnovo.

Enjoy.
0

#6 User is offline   Stevey 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 178
  • Joined: 26-July 12

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

View PostLiveBrianD, on 12 January 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

What was she using before?

You know, I think those little imperfections in screens tend to be the kinds of things people don't usually notice, but once you see them, you can't unsee them. Heck, I just noticed a stuck pixel in the lower left of the HP (I think green and blue work, but not red - you don't see it when displaying black, but it's there if you look closely on white surfaces.), which I must've missed before. I'm not sending it in over that though (just hoping nothing else crops up).

hey is it still under warranty??
● Certified software analyst and programmer.
● Industrial hardware calibration and benchmarking professional.
● Franchisee framework administrator.
0

#7 User is offline   Stevey 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 178
  • Joined: 26-July 12

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

Hppy Bday compnovo :P
● Certified software analyst and programmer.
● Industrial hardware calibration and benchmarking professional.
● Franchisee framework administrator.
0

#8 User is offline   Stevey 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 178
  • Joined: 26-July 12

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:01 AM

View Postcompnovo, on 12 January 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

My wife really understands my geek addiction and gave me a gift certificate for Newegg (how cool is that), so I bought myself a new monitor, a 27" Acer LED. She did all right in the deal, she inherited my 23" Acer. :lol:

I took a picture of it next to my tablet to give a sense of scale. The resolution is still 1920X1080, a benefit for my aging eyes. Batman: Arkum City rocks!

everything is amazing but i specially love those scissors in the pen-case :P
● Certified software analyst and programmer.
● Industrial hardware calibration and benchmarking professional.
● Franchisee framework administrator.
0

#9 User is offline   compnovo 

  • Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,227
  • Joined: 18-October 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

View PostRommel, on 12 January 2013 - 11:40 PM, said:

View Postcompnovo, on 12 January 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

My wife really understands my geek addiction and gave me a gift certificate for Newegg (how cool is that), so I bought myself a new monitor, a 27" Acer LED. She did all right in the deal, she inherited my 23" Acer. :lol:

I took a picture of it next to my tablet to give a sense of scale. The resolution is still 1920X1080, a benefit for my aging eyes. Batman: Arkum City rocks!


Very nice.
Happy birthday to you and that was really sweet and thoughtful of Mrs. Compnovo.

Enjoy.

Thanks Rommel :)
Core i7 4771 - Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 - 250GB Samsung 840 SSD - 2TB Toshiba HDD - PNY GTX760 - 16GB G.Skill Ares 1333 - Corsair Carbide 200R - Corsair 600w - Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
0

#10 User is offline   compnovo 

  • Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3,227
  • Joined: 18-October 09
  • Location:Pacific Northwest

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

View PostStevey, on 13 January 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

View Postcompnovo, on 12 January 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

My wife really understands my geek addiction and gave me a gift certificate for Newegg (how cool is that), so I bought myself a new monitor, a 27" Acer LED. She did all right in the deal, she inherited my 23" Acer. :lol:

I took a picture of it next to my tablet to give a sense of scale. The resolution is still 1920X1080, a benefit for my aging eyes. Batman: Arkum City rocks!

everything is amazing but i specially love those scissors in the pen-case :P

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Core i7 4771 - Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 - 250GB Samsung 840 SSD - 2TB Toshiba HDD - PNY GTX760 - 16GB G.Skill Ares 1333 - Corsair Carbide 200R - Corsair 600w - Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
0

#11 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

  • Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 12,210
  • Joined: 31-December 09
  • Location:::1

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

View PostStevey, on 13 January 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

View PostLiveBrianD, on 12 January 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

What was she using before?

You know, I think those little imperfections in screens tend to be the kinds of things people don't usually notice, but once you see them, you can't unsee them. Heck, I just noticed a stuck pixel in the lower left of the HP (I think green and blue work, but not red - you don't see it when displaying black, but it's there if you look closely on white surfaces.), which I must've missed before. I'm not sending it in over that though (just hoping nothing else crops up).

hey is it still under warranty??

Yes, I bought it a few weeks ago. I'm just not sure it's worth sending it in because sometimes you need a few dead pixels to do that, and besides, they'll probably take as long as possible to do anything about it, while I'm left without the monitor.
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?
0

#12 User is offline   Stevey 

  • Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 178
  • Joined: 26-July 12

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

View PostLiveBrianD, on 13 January 2013 - 08:25 AM, said:

View PostStevey, on 13 January 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

View PostLiveBrianD, on 12 January 2013 - 07:41 PM, said:

What was she using before?

You know, I think those little imperfections in screens tend to be the kinds of things people don't usually notice, but once you see them, you can't unsee them. Heck, I just noticed a stuck pixel in the lower left of the HP (I think green and blue work, but not red - you don't see it when displaying black, but it's there if you look closely on white surfaces.), which I must've missed before. I'm not sending it in over that though (just hoping nothing else crops up).

hey is it still under warranty??

Yes, I bought it a few weeks ago. I'm just not sure it's worth sending it in because sometimes you need a few dead pixels to do that, and besides, they'll probably take as long as possible to do anything about it, while I'm left without the monitor.

well did you check it before picking it up from the shop or at delivery time(if online shopping)?
make sure you didn't get a used piece sold as new..... :(

This post has been edited by Stevey: 13 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

● Certified software analyst and programmer.
● Industrial hardware calibration and benchmarking professional.
● Franchisee framework administrator.
0

#13 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

  • Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 12,210
  • Joined: 31-December 09
  • Location:::1

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

I'm pretty sure it wasn't used - it'd have had fingerprints on it OOTB otherwise.
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?
0

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users