Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Windows Startup Sound

#1 User is offline   DaveRay1111 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

I have a .wav file that I have used as my Windows startup sound in XP for a long time. I now have a Windows 7 Home Premium system and can't find the startup sound in Control Panel to change it. I find all the other sounds, what happened to this one? Thanks! :(

#2 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Click Start, and type 'change system sounds'.
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#3 User is offline   Flashorn 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Hey DaveRay !

I will start by saying "you're welcome" for the other thread. I am not around here too often lately because I am out of the country (Canada)
and not always easy to find a PC to check on things (vacation for the winter. Yes. I'm old)

Now, If I understand you correctly, you would like to use the same wav. file that you had on your XP machine.
What Brian directed you to is the generic sounds that comes with Windows 7. I`m sure that`s not what you`re
looking for. There is no other way of doing this in W7 (well,maybe a System32 tweak but...) other than to download
and install something like this program that will let you play that wav. file on startup.

Give this a try from our friends at Windows 7 Forums : http://www.sevenforu...indows-7-a.html

Use option ONE and see how it goes. There are other ways explained on the tutorial. Take a look for future reference or bookmark that page.
I haven`t tried this one yet but, who knows, maybe in time.

FLASHORN.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Eurocom Scorpius: 3840QM-2.8 GHz-Ivy Bridge ; ATI 7970M Crossfire ; Intel SSD 520 series 480GB ; Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB,7200RPM ; 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 9 9 9 24 ; Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 ; THX True Studio Pro.

Patience is Life.

#4 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

As I recall, XP didn't have a sound it played when it hit the logon screen - only when you actually logged in. (same options as what Windows 7 has, though it can also play one upon hitting the logon screen) In case you were wondering, the sounds are stored in the %systemroot%\Media folder.
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users