• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Itunes Running From A External Hard Drive? iTunes

#1 User is offline   bakercole 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

Hello I hope someone can help!

What I would like to do is have my iTunes. Running from a external hard over my wifi and to add Apple TV in the near future.
How do I do this ..

Thanks

Luke

#2 User is offline   smax013 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

View Postbakercole, on 20 January 2013 - 07:57 AM, said:

Hello I hope someone can help!

What I would like to do is have my iTunes. Running from a external hard over my wifi and to add Apple TV in the near future.
How do I do this ..

Thanks

Luke

What specifically do you mean?

Do you mean you want to have iTunes on the external drive and only have the external drive powered up but not the computer?

Or do you mean that you are fine with having the computer still powered up, but store your iTunes library on an external drive rather than the internal drive?

If the former, then a USB (or Firewire, etc) external drive will not do this. In theory, some NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices can potentially do this...just not sure if this method will work with an Apple TV or not.

If it is the later, then it is definitely doable. This page should provide some guidance on how to move an existing iTunes library from one drive (such as your primary internal boot drive) to another drive (i.e. an external drive): http://ipod.about.co...-Hard-Drive.htm
Good riddance PCWorld.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users