PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: Browser Freezing Due To High Internet Speed On An I5/win7 Laptop - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Browser Freezing Due To High Internet Speed On An I5/win7 Laptop

#1 User is offline   Billyy 

• PipPip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

i'm getting around 7mbps(which is not so fast) on here and i dnt knw what happens when my browser(ff-18) literally hangs while loading heavy pages, i know it happens when the speed gets higher and even higher than the speed of the processor and stuff, but when my laptop is i5 which is supposed to be quite fast, how could it still happen? i mean it feels really disappointing when you spend so much money and the thing still hangs just because it can't handle the speed of internet? do you experience such thing?

#2 User is offline   coastie65 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostBillyy, on 28 January 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

i'm getting around 7mbps(which is not so fast) on here and i dnt knw what happens when my browser(ff-18) literally hangs while loading heavy pages, i know it happens when the speed gets higher and even higher than the speed of the processor and stuff, but when my laptop is i5 which is supposed to be quite fast, how could it still happen? i mean it feels really disappointing when you spend so much money and the thing still hangs just because it can't handle the speed of internet? do you experience such thing?

Hi. Have you tried IE ? If not maybe you want to try that and see how it does. It could well be FF and not your computer.
Coolermaster HAF 912 Case....ASUS Z87Pro MOBO.....Intel Core i7 4770k Haswell ( OC'd to 4.6 Ghz ) .... Gelid Tranquillo cooler.... Samsung 830 256 GB SSD.... Primary HDD- WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA III /6.0 .... SECONDARY HDD - WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA II / 3.0....16Gb GSkill Ripjaws Series X 2133 Mhz Memory....Corsair AX850w PSU....EVGA GTX 680 Super Clocked Signature 2 Gb GDDR5 Video Card....Samsung CD/DVD RW, DL, DVD-Ram, w/ Lightscribe Optical Drive....Samsung SyncMaster 2243BWX 22" Monitor..... Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit OS

Gateway FX6800-01e----Intel Core i7 960 ( 3.2 GHz)---- Seagate Barracuda 750 Gb SATA II / 3.0 Hdd---- 6 Gb Crucial 1066 Mhz memory, running in Tri Channel conf-----Corsair TX650w PSU----- EVGA Nvidia GTX 560Ti 1gb GDDR5 Vram ----DVD +/- RW / CD ,RAM/DL Optical drive w/ Label Flash-----Gateway TBGM-01 Motherboard.... Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS w/ SP2; Samsung Synch Master 2243BWX 22" Monitor.

#3 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

I've noticed that Firefox seems to do that. IE is OK, and Chrome handles things quite well in my experience. (I use Chrome.)

BTW, fast internet connections generally only come into play when streaming video or downloading large files - web pages don't use much bandwidth, and so a lot of it is the time it takes to render the page.
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#4 User is offline   waldojim 

• Elite
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

FF is acting like that on all my equipment as well. It seems to be a bug in FF 18.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -- Isaac Asimov

Steam Machine: MSI 970A-G46, AMD Phenom 955 @ 4.0Ghz, 8GB Gskill ram @1600mhz, 128GB Plextor M5s, EVGA GTX 550Ti
Laptop: Alienware 14, Intel i7-4700MQ, 8GB DDR3 ram, Nvidia GTX 765M 4GB DDR5, Plextor M3 256GB SSD, 1080P IPS display, Killer GigE, Killer 1202 wifi
Hackintosh: Gigabyte H61m-HD2, Celeron G1610, 4GB Patriot ram @1333Mhz, Asus GT210, WD 1TB Black, Silverstone ES50 500watt PSU, OS-X Mountain Liion

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users