Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Boot From Sata Problem

#1 User is offline   Wicherek 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

Hi everyone, I have encountered utterly huge problem with my SATA, problem is that I think I caught a boot virus, before I made this assumption the system was going slower and slower and slower every day until when it started to boot for about 10 minutes and after that freeze on desktop, the disk has 3 partitions and I've formated one that contains Windows. Now It does not boot at all, it stops when It says "windows loading" and sometimes where is not even Windows logo while loading. So I have this other SATA disk which has 160GB and installed windows on this one, it installs blazing fast unlike the faulty SATA and boots normally. I tried connecting both disks but the other one does not let the master load the system..... I have no idea what is the problem, if you need more info please ask, help me.

#2 User is offline   LincolnSpector 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

Hi, Wicherek.

I'm not sure why you assume this is malware (a "virus"). I suspect it's a problem with your Windows installation or with the hard drive.

The fact that it didn't boot at all after you formatted the Windows partition suggests that something went wrong in reinstalling Windows on that partition.

A few questions:

1) Did the computer come with Windows, or did you install it yourself?

2) When you installed Windows on the other HDD, was it a retail copy?

3) What are the other partitions on the hard drive?

4) What version of Windows are you using?

5) How old is the PC? And the drive?

6) Have you tried accessing the bad drive via a SATA-USB adapter? If not, I suggest you do so. If you have, could you access the files?

Lincoln

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users