• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Odd Pixels On Laptop Display

#1 User is offline   gehrc621 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

Hey everyone,

I upgraded my Dell L702X laptop to Windows 8 about a month ago. Ever since then, every now and then this odd formation of red pixels in lines that form squares have been appearing on my laptop display and on my external display. Normally I would say it's an issue with the monitor, but this happens on both displays. The weirdest part? If I do a screenshot of my desktop, it also captures them (screenshot is attached). I'm running the latest nVidia drivers for my graphics cards, so I have a feeling Windows is playing tricks on me. I guess it's possible my graphics card is starting to fail, but I don't believe this is the case since screenshots are also capturing this. It usually happens when I'm playing a game or watching a video, but I've also seen blue pixels doing the same thing while browsing the internet. It's usually always the same pattern too. Has anyone else run into this, or does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? It's getting pretty annoying.

Thanks for any help that can be offered!

EDIT: Looks like the screenshot didn't attach, so here's an imgur link: http://i.imgur.com/tecVZaf.png

This post has been edited by gehrc621: 01 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users