• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Laptop Mouse Problem

#1 User is offline   BearPup 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

I have a new Dell D630 laptop (refurbished) and all works well, including the USB connected mouse. The problem I'm having is that a small utility program I'm using, WizMouse, has stopped working.

The program is a TSR-style program that enables the mouse wheel to be active whether or not the window is the one enabled (focused). It allows me to scroll using the mouse wheel without having to click on the scroll bar. Its incredibly useful and it works fine on my desktop computer.

I've tried a number of different utilities and none of them allow me to take the focus of the mouse. I thought it was the touchpad driver, so I uninstalled that, but that had no effect. Its as though 'something' is taking control of the mouse driver, but I can't figure out what it is.

It seems to be a problem with the laptop, similar to other problems I'm having that seem unique to laptops, i.e., I can't save passwords to sites in Firefox; and sites don't remember me when I visit, even when "Remember Me" is checked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
BearPup

#2 User is offline   BearPup 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

I've had half my problem solved. Another responder suggested that my browser settings of Never Remember History was causing the login problem. And it was - it prevented cookies and passwords from being saved. So now my browser (Firefox) is remembering logins and passwords.

I've also checked my BIOS settings, and the computer is hardwired in as a notebook, which may or may not be the problem with WizMouse not working. I don't know what to say about that problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#3 User is offline   BearPup 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

The problem has been solved. I was finally able to uninstall the touchpad using Device Manager - a deeper level than uninstalling just the driver. The laptop tried several times to reinstall the thing, but I was finally able to delete the files from Program Files (they had been locked), so there were no more files for the system to reinstall. With the touchpad finally disabled, WizMouse is back in all its functioning glory.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users