Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Stored Email & Computer Speed

#1 User is offline   Bill45 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

I have email accounts with 4 providers. I know that emails that are stored on my computer itself can slow down the computer's operation.
But much of my email is stored on the providers' servers. Can those emails also slow down my computer?

Thanks,

Bill

#2 User is offline   compnovo 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostBill45, on 06 February 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

I have email accounts with 4 providers. I know that emails that are stored on my computer itself can slow down the computer's operation.
But much of my email is stored on the providers' servers. Can those emails also slow down my computer?

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,
The good news is that the only way those stored emails can slow down your computer is if they totally fill your hard drive since that will lead to sluggish performance regardless of what type of file is filling it. Otherwise you don't have to worry about them, and likewise with any email stored on a provider's server.
Core i7 4771 - Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3 - 250GB Samsung 840 SSD - 2TB Toshiba HDD - PNY GTX760 - 16GB G.Skill Ares 1333 - Corsair Carbide 200R - Corsair 600w - Win8.1 Pro 64-bit

#3 User is offline   Bill45 

• PipPip

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

View Postcompnovo, on 06 February 2013 - 03:40 PM, said:

View PostBill45, on 06 February 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,
The good news is that the only way those stored emails can slow down your computer is if they totally fill your hard drive since that will lead to sluggish performance regardless of what type of file is filling it. Otherwise you don't have to worry about them, and likewise with any email stored on a provider's server.

Compnovo,

Thank you very much!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users