PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: Mouse Scroll Wheel - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Mouse Scroll Wheel Windows 7 Pro (64 bit)

#1 User is offline   kcdane 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

I bought a new desktop with Windows 7 Pro (64 bit) and now my scroll wheel on the Logitech VX Revolution mouse will not work in the Internet Explorer 64-bit version. I checked for updates for the mouse driver, but that didn't help. Any suggestions on how to get it to work? Thanks.

#2 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

Are you using Setpoint with it? If so, I suggest uninstalling it, as in my experience it causes problems and adds nothing.
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#3 User is offline   Flashorn 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

Hey KCDane !

I own more than one Logitech mouse and use the setpoint for all. In my experience, it would be necessary to install it to use your mouse properly.
Nano , MX7 , G9X are the ones I own and use. I have installed setpoint on all three PC and notebooks. It works as it should especially for the G9X
which is a gaming mouse so, to be able to configure the settings for the laser speed , I absolutely need it. In your case, uninstall the one you have
(if installed) and the install from Logitech's support page :

http://www.logitech....&osid=14&bit=64

and here is a support page to help with other anomalies you might encounter :

http://logitech-en-a...zZQTmppbA%3D%3D

FLASHORN.

This post has been edited by Flashorn: 08 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Eurocom Scorpius: 3840QM-2.8 GHz-Ivy Bridge ; ATI 7970M Crossfire ; Intel SSD 520 series 480GB ; Seagate Momentus XT 750 GB,7200RPM ; 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 9 9 9 24 ; Sound Blaster X-Fi MB2 ; THX True Studio Pro.

Patience is Life.

#4 User is offline   LiveBrianD 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

I have a Logitech LX310, and the only thing that does is let me use the programmable F-keys. (which I don't use anyway) The software also went through the trouble of remapping what pushing the scroll wheel does so you can't click something in the win7/8 taskbar and launch a new instance of it. (there's no way to correct that in settings, AFIAK) I don't use it with my V220 either. I suppose a gaming mouse might need it though.
Spoiler
"The Internet will be used for all kinds of spurious things, including fake quotes from smart people." -Albert Einstein
Need a Windows ISO image?

#5 User is offline   BearPup 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

Have you tried looking in Device Manager for what driver(s) are being loaded for your mouse? I had a rather difficult problem with my laptop touchpad and thought I had uninstalled the driver for it, only to find that it was still sitting there in Device Manager. I had to disable the touchpad in Device Manager in order to finally and completely get rid of the touchpad. If you don't know how, you access Device Manager via the Control Panel. If you need further help with this answer, post here and I'll respond.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users