• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Graphic Card

#1 User is offline   Pilege21 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

I am looking into a really good card but affordable. I have attached a picture with cards that I am looking at. The PowerColor looks really good, but would a different one be more reliable. I'm looking for something that can play games well and be able to handle blu ray and movies. I do some movie and picture editing but most of that is on the processor. The processor and motherboard I'm matching this with is the i5-3570k and the ASUS Sabertooth z77.

Thanks in advance for your opinions and feedback!

Attached thumbnail(s)

• Attached Image: Graphic Cards.PNG

#2 User is offline   waldojim 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

The power color is underclocked (not sure why), so I wouldn't go that route. The best overall value appears to be the Gigabyte card. It is a tad cheaper than Asus, while delivering the fastest clock speeds of the bunch. The Gigabyte should last about as long as the Asus, so I wouldn't worry about that.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -- Isaac Asimov

Steam Machine: MSI 970A-G46, AMD Phenom 955 @ 4.0Ghz, 8GB Gskill ram @1600mhz, 128GB Plextor M5s, EVGA GTX 550Ti
Laptop: Alienware 14, Intel i7-4700MQ, 8GB DDR3 ram, Nvidia GTX 765M 4GB DDR5, Plextor M3 256GB SSD, 1080P IPS display, Killer GigE, Killer 1202 wifi
Hackintosh: Gigabyte H61m-HD2, Celeron G1610, 4GB Patriot ram @1333Mhz, Asus GT210, WD 1TB Black, Silverstone ES50 500watt PSU, OS-X Mountain Liion

#3 User is offline   Pilege21 

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

View Postwaldojim, on 13 February 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

The power color is underclocked (not sure why), so I wouldn't go that route. The best overall value appears to be the Gigabyte card. It is a tad cheaper than Asus, while delivering the fastest clock speeds of the bunch. The Gigabyte should last about as long as the Asus, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I went with the Gigabyte card and it works wonders. It didn't really fit with the ASUS Sabertooth z77 being taller with the thermal armor even though I have a full tower. I managed to slip the card in and everything works.

Thanks for your suggestion and help!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users