Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problem With Ssd

#1 User is offline   RenegadeCZ 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

Hi everyone I got a little problem with my SSD disk. It's not long since I bought a new MB, CPU and SSD disk. I put them together and since I installed my system and everything to it I noticed every time I shut down my PC and I start it again after a while, it won't find any bootable drives and I have to keep restarting pc until it finds my SSD disk and then I have to go to bios again and change boot priority.
It's my first SSD disk so I'm not so sure what to expect but in Win 7 I am able to Eject my SSD device with my system is that normal? I haven't tried it. I'm worried about my MB since it's new. Sometimes It doesn't find my 2nd HDD after a shutdown.

Can you guys help me it's starting to be annoying. :(

This post has been edited by RenegadeCZ: 21 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

#2 User is offline   waldojim 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

You really need to post system details to get a meaningful answer.

The short and skinny of it is, SSD's are new, and they don't behave like hard drives. On top of that, certain models carrier other unusual quirks.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" -- Isaac Asimov

Steam Machine: MSI 970A-G46, AMD Phenom 955 @ 4.0Ghz, 8GB Gskill ram @1600mhz, 128GB Plextor M5s, EVGA GTX 550Ti
Laptop: Alienware 14, Intel i7-4700MQ, 8GB DDR3 ram, Nvidia GTX 765M 4GB DDR5, Plextor M3 256GB SSD, 1080P IPS display, Killer GigE, Killer 1202 wifi
Hackintosh: Gigabyte H61m-HD2, Celeron G1610, 4GB Patriot ram @1333Mhz, Asus GT210, WD 1TB Black, Silverstone ES50 500watt PSU, OS-X Mountain Liion

#3 User is offline   RenegadeCZ 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:04 AM

I think I might fixed it not so sure right now but when I plugged my ssd disk to a different sata slot the problem stopped. I'll see tomorrow because it happens usually when the pc is turned off through the night. What is weird is that I already tried plugging it to a different slot before and it didn't help. If it isn't fixed I'll put here my system details asap.

This post has been edited by RenegadeCZ: 22 February 2013 - 05:05 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users