• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Acer Aspire 5349-2592 Wont Boot On Acer Hard Disk Swap

#1 User is offline   rayr0683 

• Pip
  • Group: New Member

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

Hello All,
I am new here and was looking for some possible help.......I have 2 Acer Aspire Laptops that I can not power on into Windows/Boot Up. The one is an Acer Aspire 5349-2592, and the problem is that as it is Booting Up, a clicking sound is heard, and it will not Boot into windows. I tried inserting some Restore Disks/Back Up that I had done when I would get the Prompt to create Acer Back Up-Restore Disks, however even when I change the Boot Up Sequence to the DVD Drive, it still wont Boot Up. I've tried every possible suggestion that I have seen others with similar problems being suggested. All to no avail.

I also have an Acer Aspire 5534 laptop that will not Power On, the Battery, and the Adapters are fine. I have tried 2 different Power Supply Adapters, which are both the proper Voltage, etc....and will not Power On, No Lights, no Nothing, Just Dead~!! I have tried both, with and without Battery, and only Power Adapters, or Only Battery, and no luck with any combination. This Laptop I have no idea what could be problem. It was working perfectly, and was hardly used, in almost new condition, worked fine the night before, I went to bed, next morning was Dead....tried all the things I just mentioned, and still Dead.

So, My Big Question is this, the 2 Laptops are very close in age and Manufacture Date to one another, and have the same Hard Drive Numbers listed. I was wondering if I could remove the Hard Drive from the 5349, the Laptop that does Power On, and just can't Boot To Windows, due to the Clicking Sound, that is coming right from the Hard Drive Area of the computer. I was thinking of Removing this Hard Drive, and replacing it with the Hard Drive from my Acer Aspire 5534 that is having a Power Up Issue, and was working fine right up until that. If this will work, which a couple of Acer Techs have said it should, then the only other issue I will have is a Recovery Disk for Windows 7 Home Premium. The Laptops are 64 Bit Computers. I have Downloaded a Windows 7 64 Bit ISO Image from MicroSoft, and I do have the Windows Registration Key on Bottom of Both Laptops. I was following the Directions of creating Recovery Disks from this Website here, PC World. The Hard Drive that I want to put into the Acer 5349 is from the Acer 5534, and it does have an Acer Recovery Partition on the Hard Drive, However, I am not sure if that Partition will be recognized when the Hard Drive is installed into the Acer Aspire 5349, since some of the Hardware Devices may be a bit different from Machine to machine, they do have different Processors, so to be safe, I figured that having a Windows 7 ISO Image Disk created and ready to Boot From, Once the Hard Drive is swapped into the Acer 5349, that hopefully if the Recovey Partition on the Drive isn't recognized in the new machine, then I would Boot from the Windows 7 ISO Image Recovery Disk. This would give me a Clean Install of Windows 7, without all the Bloatware that comes on new Acer Aspire Laptops........

After reading this Post, Does anyone have Any Suggestions, or Ideas or think that this will work?? I have taken the LapTops to Service Centers, and the Repair Estimates just to look at the Laptops are almost more expensive than the Laptops already, and that is without the cost of any new Parts that may be needed, such as a Hard Drive, etc.... I appreciate any Advice of Comments, Suggestions???

Thank You Very Much!!!

#2 User is offline   coastie65 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Hi and welcome to the forums. You start by switching the Hdds ( 5534 to 5349 ). Once that is done, then you need to restore the OS from the 5349 on to that Hdd.
Coolermaster HAF 912 Case....ASUS Z87Pro MOBO.....Intel Core i7 4770k Haswell ( OC'd to 4.6 Ghz ) .... Gelid Tranquillo cooler.... Samsung 830 256 GB SSD.... Primary HDD- WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA III /6.0 .... SECONDARY HDD - WD 1TB Caviar Black SATA II / 3.0....16Gb GSkill Ripjaws Series X 2133 Mhz Memory....Corsair AX850w PSU....EVGA GTX 680 Super Clocked Signature 2 Gb GDDR5 Video Card....Samsung CD/DVD RW, DL, DVD-Ram, w/ Lightscribe Optical Drive....Samsung SyncMaster 2243BWX 22" Monitor..... Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit OS

Gateway FX6800-01e----Intel Core i7 960 ( 3.2 GHz)---- Seagate Barracuda 750 Gb SATA II / 3.0 Hdd---- 6 Gb Crucial 1066 Mhz memory, running in Tri Channel conf-----Corsair TX650w PSU----- EVGA Nvidia GTX 560Ti 1gb GDDR5 Vram ----DVD +/- RW / CD ,RAM/DL Optical drive w/ Label Flash-----Gateway TBGM-01 Motherboard.... Vista Home Premium 64 bit OS w/ SP2; Samsung Synch Master 2243BWX 22" Monitor.

#3 User is offline   rayr0683 

• Pip

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

Thank You So Much for the Welcome and also for replying to me Coastie!!! When you say to restore the OS on the 5349, after I swap drives, do you mean by using the Windows 7 Home Premium 64 or 32 Bit Free ISO Download that I just got from this Website?? Or by seeing if the Restore Partition on the Hardrive from the 5534 that I would now have in the 5349 would somehow be able to be recognized by the 5349, and then activated, or restored? Thank You, I appreciate it, because I am not very computer savvy, just mechanically inclined. I really need things told to me in easiest terms, like computers for "Dummies'...LOL...I'm really that green when it comes to understanding. In fact, I wasn't sure if maybe when I take the bottom off of the 5534 that perhaps I may see an obvious reason that the Power is not turning on at the Power Button, if I were lucky enough to find that out, then I wouldn't have to even swap drives, or open the 5349, but I doubt I will get that lucky! However someone else posted with the same problem with their 5534 not powering on, just like mine, and as soon as they took it apart, and put back together, it suddenly began to work/power up and boot once again, but the guy never figured out why.....Thank You Very Much!! Ray!

View Postcoastie65, on 18 September 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

Hi and welcome to the forums. You start by switching the Hdds ( 5534 to 5349 ). Once that is done, then you need to restore the OS from the 5349 on to that Hdd.

#4 User is offline   LincolnSpector 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

View Postrayr0683, on 18 September 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

Hello All,
I am new here and was looking for some possible help.......I have 2 Acer Aspire Laptops that I can not power on into Windows/Boot Up. The one is an Acer Aspire 5349-2592, and the problem is that as it is Booting Up, a clicking sound is heard, and it will not Boot into windows. I tried inserting some Restore Disks/Back Up that I had done when I would get the Prompt to create Acer Back Up-Restore Disks, however even when I change the Boot Up Sequence to the DVD Drive, it still wont Boot Up. I've tried every possible suggestion that I have seen others with similar problems being suggested. All to no avail.

Hi, Ray, and welcome to the forums.

I'm particularly worried about this first laptop. It sounds like the hard drive died. Is there anything on this drive, that's only on this drive, that you can't afford to lose?

Lincoln

#5 User is offline   rayr0683 

• Pip

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

View PostLincolnSpector, on 19 September 2013 - 07:58 AM, said:

View Postrayr0683, on 18 September 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

Hello All,

Hi, Ray, and welcome to the forums.

I'm particularly worried about this first laptop. It sounds like the hard drive died. Is there anything on this drive, that's only on this drive, that you can't afford to lose?

Lincoln

Hi Lincoln and Thanks for the Welcome and Reply!!
I would have to say that yes, on the Harddrive of this laptop making the clicking noises that powers on, but will not boot up, there are Photos that I would have liked to save, and also some documents and other saved things that are only on this dead-broken Hard drive. I really don't have much experience with computers and software, other than using them, to be honest, anything that I have typed here in my Posts are just things that I read in these Forums from replies to others who had similar issues on the same Model of Acer Laptop computers, otherwise, I am not very knowledgable or experienced with repairing or sorting problems on computers. I was a Bench Tech in Electronics, repairing Audio and Video Gear, a lot of Car Audio products for a large Car Audio Repair Co., so I am fairly decent at using my hands, and soldering, etc....but not knowledgeable at understanding how to address Software or even Hardware problems with Computers. Any advice would be "Greatly" Appreciated!!! Thank You, Ray!!

#6 User is offline   LincolnSpector 

• Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

I'm afraid that you're going to have to ask yourself how much those photos and other files are worth. I suspect that the only way to get them back (assuming they're retrievable) is to send the drive to a data recovery service. This is an expensive process---hundred to thousands of dollars.

That is, quite frankly, the cost of not backing up. In a digital world, you should never have only one copy of anything (and two copies on the same drive don't count). See Introductionto backup for some tips.

I can't recommend a particular service, because I've never used one and never figured out a practical way to test them. Ontrack and Drive Savers are the best known, but that doesn't mean they're better than the others. Last spring, I got a video tour of a lesser-known service, Flashback Data (you'll find my article on it at https://windowssecre...a-recovery-lab/, although it might be behind a pay wall).

Lincoln

#7 User is offline   rayr0683 

• Pip

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

Hi and Thanks Again Lincoln!!
Yes, I did learn a very hard lesson here. This happened very quickly in this particular instance, the Laptop was very young, barely broken in when this Drive failed. Still no excuse, especially since I have a 2005 Apple IMac G-5 Power PC, not the Intel Version, this was same year the Intel Based Imac G-5's came out, all within a Month, and Apple wouldn't allow me to exchange, had I known about the Intel Version, I woulda waited for it, it was a matter of a week and a half difference if that in my situation of purchasing mine, and spending over $2000.00 at the Apple Store, yet Steve Jobs was always full of surprises, with no warning or preview promotion. Anyway, been down for about 2 years now, it starts, etc....begins to Boot Up, but make a "Whooshing" or "Loud Fan Noise" Sounds as booting Up, and never Boots to the Start Screen-DeskTop....making the Computer Unusable!! The machine was a "Dream"!! I loved It, I used it for everything, no Malware or AntiVirus issues, Apple was Great, Or MAC, whatever it's called. Now on an IMac G-5, everything is "Crammed" inside the Monitor, making them extremely difficult for a regular guy like me to even think of attempting to work on. If I got Startup Disks, I probably could get it to Boot Up, and make it usable once again just by adding an External HDD, and just ignoring the Stock Dead HDD that is inside it, but I do want to get all of my Photos especially off of that machine, more so than this Laptop we are speaking about. I jjust want to be sure, or have the Apple looked at by someone that "Really" Knows those Machines, and get an estimate. The cost would probably be more than the Used Machine is worth in Blue Book Value Used, but the Value of the Photos is another story on this Apple, there is no Price I can put on those!

But getting back to this Acer 5534 that doesn't Power On....The issue with this is "NOT" the HDD being Dead opr Bad, it's a Power Issue, power is not getting to the Start Up Button. Maybe if I open it up to steal the HDD for the Acer 5349 that I was speaking about doing the Swap with, just maybe, I will be lucky enough to get some ideas, or some obvious Sign as to WHY it isn't Powering On....That would save me the whole "Swap Drives" Idea that I just Posted here, and am asing Advice and Help Suggestions with!!! If I can get this Acer 5534 Laptop to Power On, I would be Happy and Content right there!!! Any Ideas on any of those?? Thanks Ray!!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users