Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Forgot PC password!

#1 User is offline   mehmi 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:38 PM

Hi, I have a windows XP home and I didn't touch it for a year now. When i came back to it recently, it asked me for my administrater password and I completely forgot it!! Even the clue didn't help! I can't use my pc!!! Please help...:cry:Thanks a ton!

#2 User is offline   rgreen4 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:47 PM

This is the sign on into XP or the one to start the PC.

#3 User is offline   Spart 

• PipPip

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:15 PM

Sounds like a sign on problem rgreen. Try This:http://www.lostpassword.com/windows.htm

#4 User is offline   rgreen4 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:34 PM

The lost password program looks good, but they think very highly of it.You said you have not been on this machine in a year. Have you been using another machine?Is there any data on this machine that you need?What kind of install was XP - OEM from manufacturer, full, upgrade from Win9x/ME.Are there other passwords or just the administrator?Keep in mind that if the password of any user is changed by force by someone not logged in or a program, all the data in My documents is gone forever. So that would be a last resort.

#5 User is offline   sorav 

• Pip

Posted 30 June 2007 - 11:13 AM

[quote name='mehmi']Hi, I have a windows XP home and I didn't touch it for a year now. When i came back to it recently, it asked me for my administrater password and I completely forgot it!! Even the clue didn't help! I can't use my pc!!! Please help...:cry:> > > > Thanks a ton!hey no prob dude......Removed by ModeratorsoravEdited by MPHEnterprises - Kits or Any Software to Gain Access to a System is Illegal within This Forum

#6 User is offline   solvetime 

• PipPip

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:18 PM

google ophcrack. I'm assuming you can burn an iso, right? Just google that too if you don't. Ophcrack usually hacks into any windows password, and boots from a live cd. It uses Rainbow Tables, so it will work. There's is NO chance of losing your data. Edit: Wait, what? I just read the post right above me and it said "kits for gaining access to a system". PC World even suggested Ophcrack to recover a lost windows password in their July 2007 edition as their cover article. And Ophcrack isn't illegal, so don't remove this.

#7 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:18 PM

Hi Solvetime. Thank you for disclosing that this Ophcrack was in the July 2007 edition of PC World. I verified your statement and I will not remove your post.For more details on Ophcrack, click on this link.

#8 User is offline   DennisOReilly 

• Pip

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:52 AM

The July cover story, "How to Survive the Worst PC Disasters," includes a tip describing how to recover a forgotten Windows password. Here's the link: http://www.pcworld.c...article.htmlAnd here's a link to the video version of that tip: http://www.pcworld.c...d,0/video.html.

#9 User is offline   solvetime 

• PipPip

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:27 AM

Thank you mphenterprises, I mean that sincerely =) I think my use of the word "hack" was a little too harsh. =)Note to Dennis O. Reilly, the second link in your reply links to "How to Reset Your Net Connection." Strangely, it showed the same address was viewing the correct video...To mehmi:I suggest you use ISO Recorder, provided for free by Alex Feinman, to burn the ISO:Just google ISO Recorder and select the first result. Its safe. =)After you install it, just right click on the Ophcrack Live CD iso, and select "Burn to CD". Then place the CD into your disk drive again, and restart. Ophcrack should start automatically, but depending on your BIOS settings, you may have to change it. Look for the key to press to enter your BIOS on boot, it should appear as soon as you start your computer, then navigate to the Boot tab, or another section if your BIOS is different. Hopefully, the linux environment will load. Sorry that my first post wasn't very helpful!

#10 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:04 AM

My pleasure. I know things can get a bit hairy when it comes to anything like that. I have no problem locking a thread for violating the forum rule but I also have no problem accepting when something of validity is presented.8) :D

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users