Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

AOC 193FW LCD monitor problems

#1 User is offline   wataribanzai 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 July 2007 - 11:35 PM

Hello first post!I tried the search first but did not find a thread specific to my monitor...its an AOC 193fw 19" wide lcd monitor with a nvdia geforce2 mx400 video card on an amd 2000xp cpu with 512mb ram, running at 1440 x 900 resolution, 60mhz refresh rate, with the latest video card driverthe image is not as sharp as i'd like it to be particularly web text, theres a bit of a "ghost" to it and in some parts of the screen theres some discoloration: black text appears to have some red pixels in themi've tried messing with all the settings that should fix it but no luck...any ideas?theres an image setup in the monitor settings with controls for "focus" and "clock" i cant seem to find the optimum settings without some parts of the screen not being displayed properlythanks!

#2 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2007 - 12:43 AM

[quote name='wataribanzai']...theres a bit of a "ghost" to it and in some parts of the screen theres some discoloration: black text appears to have some red pixels in them...Hi wataribanzai. I don't think there is any setting to correct discoloration or "ghost" images. Have you:- tried that monitor on another computer to see if you get the same appearance?- tried another monitor on your computer to see if you get the same appearance?More than likely, the monitor is bad; however, if you have not done so, switch the monitors.

#3 User is offline   wataribanzai 

• Pip

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:55 AM

hi thanks for the reply!no i have not tried it with another pc as my other pc is even older with an even lower spec video card so i wont even be able to run it at this resolution...its not that bad i guess, maybe im just getting used to the lcd display after years and years of crt use

#4 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:40 AM

[quote name='wataribanzai']its not that bad i guess, maybe im just getting used to the lcd display after years and years of crt useDo not settle for something just because you are not used to it. I have three LCD monitors and none of them have bad pixels.I would advise you to ask someone that you know with a LCD monitor if you can borrow their monitor to test. If you get the same effect with the replacement monitor, your video card may be going bad.If you do not get the same effect, then your monitor needs to be replaced.

#5 User is offline   rgreen4 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:00 PM

ataribanzai - your AOC monitor is of fairly recent vintage since it's a wide monitor with a width to height ration of 16:10 rather than the older 4:3. Your video card on the other hand, it think is older, and you may be overdriving it at 1440x900. On some wide monitors there is a menu option where you can either fit the image to the resolution or stretch.Set the monitor to fit the image to the resolution and try 1200x900 and see if it works better. You will have black bars on the side. I have a newer wide screen monitor and its on a switch beteen an older PC with integrated graphics which did not like the higher resolutions. I backed it down and changed the menu setting, and it is much more pleasing. When the switch is set to the new Vista machine with the newer graphics card, the higher resolution works fine.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users