PCWorld Forums

PCWorld Forums: restore an Acer Aspire 5610Z w/Vista to Factory default - PCWorld Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

restore an Acer Aspire 5610Z w/Vista to Factory default

#1 User is offline   Rissamom045 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:40 AM

I am trying to restore my Acer Aspire 5610Z to factory default setting before giving it to my daughter. My husband and I have spent over an hour looking up how to do this and are unsuccessful. Can anyone tell me how to restore it to factory defaults? The operating is Windows Vista for Home.:unsure:unsure:unsure

#2 User is offline   mphenterprises 

• Elite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:28 AM

Hi Rissamom. Your computer should have come with either- Restoration CD(s)- An internal Boot Recovery DriveI went onto Acer's website but could not find your specific model. Do you know which of the above options your computer has?

#3 User is offline   rgreen4 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 07 July 2007 - 01:44 PM

I found a listing on the Acer Website - you have a hidden partition.Here is a link to download the instructions on how to use the recovery partition.http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/portal20.cfm?website=AcerPanAm.com/us&siteid=7293&areaid=7&formid=3425#resultsIf you have not burned the recovery discs, I STRONGLY recommend you do so before anything else. You may need them at sometime in the future, so put them in a safe place, and remember where they are. Without them, if the HD encounters a serious problem, you will have to purcase a new copy of Windows. There have been numerous threads recently on recovering PC's. Those with recovery discs are the easiest and cheapest to restore. The others have spend money on new system discs. The recover partition is not as secure a location for the recovey system, just more convenient.

#4 User is offline   Rissamom045 

• Pip

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:17 PM

Thank you so much for your help. My daughter followed the instructions at the link provided and she is now setting up her new computer.Thanks again.8)8)8)

#5 User is offline   rgreen4 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:08 AM

You are very welcome. You might hang around in your spare time and peruse the forums. They are full of good informations, personal insights, hard headed diffferences of opinions, etc. Its always a good day when you learn something new, and its usually a good day on the forums.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users